Medford Oregon Manf. 22 Cal. Chipmonk Rifle

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by Cary Lang, Jul 15, 2011.

1. Cary Lang

Cary Lang Member

In 1985 I purchased a Chipmonk 22 Caliber rifle for my oldest son. It came with a peep sight and a plain walnut stock. I purchased the base plate that was available from Chipmonk at the time and mounted a Bushnel 3-7 power scope on it. The gun is still in as new condition. I still have the peep sight for it and the brochure that came with it. Unfortunately it did not come with a box. Can someone give me an estimated value or trade in value on this little rifle?
    Sorry but I am unable to post any pictures at this time, but it is as described as nice as the day it was purchased. Thanks in advance for any information this forum may be able to provide.
  2. goofy

goofy Well-Known Member

Goodmorning Cary Lang The chipmunk has a vaule of 100%-$110 98%-$100 95%-$90 90%-$80 80%-$80 80%-$70 70%-$60 60%-$50................:).GOOFY
  3. Cary Lang

Cary Lang Member

Sorry to be so long in getting back to you goofy. Thanks for your response. I was going though the gun safe and thought I might get rid of several of the guns hidden away in the back. The price you gave, is it resell value or trade in value? Thanks again.
  4. RJay

RJay Well-Known Member

That would be the value if you sold it your self or walked in to a gun store and brought it today.
  5. goofy

goofy Well-Known Member

RJAY is right. But keep in mind if you take it to a gun dealer he will offer you less then market value(he has to make money off of it)Good luck.What other guns are hidden in the back of the safe?:D ....:)GOOFY
  6. hunter29180

hunter29180 Well-Known Member

currenty selling for $99-120 new in box with out scope. just priced one for grandchild.
  7. Cary Lang

Cary Lang Member

Probably nothing of any real value tucked away in the safe. I just have a few guns that I have had since I was a young teen, that I haven't fired in many years. I have a little Stevens 94C 410 single barel shotgun that is modified choked. Dug post holes an entire summer to get that one. I have an old hammerless Savage 16 guage single barrel full choke shotgun. I have a 30/30 Winchester that I have had since 1966, broke and sold two rabbit dogs to get that one, a Remington 514 single shot 22 rifle....a few others. Just stuff left over from my childhood that has been tucked away for ever collecting dust.