Memories from a WWII vet

Discussion in 'General Military Arms & History Forum' started by SouthernMoss, Oct 22, 2006.

1. SouthernMoss

SouthernMoss *Admin Tech Staff*

I stumbled across some videos posted on youtube.com the other day by a man named Martin. He apparently intended to post a series of videos recounting his WWII experiences, but passed away after the first few. I wish there were more of these first-hand accounts available, as we are rapidly losing the last of our WWII vets.

At any rate, I thought you history buffs might enjoy Martin's videos.

http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=MHarris1920
  2. Marlin

Marlin *TFF Admin Staff Chief Counselor*

What a Treasury of Information!!!
  3. A relatively recent innovation in history has been the use of video and audio recording equipment to preserve first hand accounts. It's something that I, as an instructor of history, much favor. So much has been lost already, but at least some is now being preserved for future generations to study. Our WWII vets already average in their 80s, many even older.