Messages In My Profile ( I think ).

Discussion in 'TFF Technical Support Forum & Suggestion Box' started by raven818, Jan 25, 2012.

1. raven818

raven818 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I received a PM from a member ( email notice ). As soon as I signed on, I went to it. I also found 6 messages in my Profile something or other, I didn't know existed. I don't know now where they were. :rolleyes:

Do we have a setting that would allow us to know when a message is left? I know how to use the PM tool. But the 6 I found weren't PM's. Just brief messages. Thx.
  2. howlnmad

howlnmad Well-Known Member

Being compootur sturpit, I don't know. I do know that if someone sends me a PM, it will show a box asking me how I want to open it. I know there is another type of messaging that only shows up in your profile box.:confused:
  3. raven818

Yeah, I got that. But the other 6. I found them when I clicked on Private Messages. One in PM, six in the other.
  4. Bindernut

Bindernut Well-Known Member

No, vBulletin doesn't have the option to send a notification email for Visitor Messages like they do for PMs.
    It would be a nice feature though and I've sent the suggestion to them while maintaining our vB board on another site. They haven't implemented it as of version 4.1.10.

If you want to, you can disable the Visitor Message feature though. that way if anyone needs to contact you they will need to use either the PM or email features (if you've got them turned on) instead.

Otherwise you just gotta check your profile page a bit more often. :) (I know...I don't spend much time on that page either unless I'm searching for some of my old threads or cleaning my PM inbox.)
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2012
  5. raven818

That's what it is? Visitors leaving messages? Ohhhh, I thought it was something like a Friend request. Okay, I'm gonna have to go back and re read them. Thanks...