1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Meula Knives

Discussion in 'Knives & Edged Items' started by Wolf 5.7, Jan 16, 2012.

1. Wolf 5.7

Wolf 5.7 New Member

Anyone familiar with them?

Reason I ask is I was being stoopit (yeah that's worse than stupid) the other day while playing with my son and nephew (11 and 18 respectively). We were throwing my Cold Steel Torpedo and my S.O.G. tomahawk into a wooden target I had built. As they day went on, we wanted to throw more stuff , so not thinking I brought out my Muela knife and began tossing it. Hey it's solid black and Tacti-cool looking so it must be made for throwing right.....WRONG! I broke the tang inside the handle (The blade was taking no damage from the abuse.)

I looked it up and the knife is about a 60 dollar knife, so I am wondering if I should buy another one to replace it or go with someone else (K-Bar, Schrade, SOG)?
  2. okie headhunter

okie headhunter New Member

meula are good hunting knives but as you know not very good for throwing. most good hunting or working knives are too hard to throw, you might get a few throws out of them but soon they will come apart. you should buy knives that fit your needs and once you throw a real throwing knife you won't bother with any thing else. cold steel and united make some very good throwers.