Mexican .22 Rifle and Others

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by CountryGunsmith, Mar 4, 2003.

1. CountryGunsmith

CountryGunsmith New Member

Oakman
    (1/30/03 4:59:12 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All Three questions
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I got three questions I’d like help with.

I have a gun that I can’t find any information on. It’s a single shot .22 LR, made in Mexico. On both sides of the gun is “K-62 pat. pen.” and below that in Spanish it says made in Mexico. Although it is a single shot there are three slots on both sides of the gun to hold additional .22 rounds. The barrel is marked “Cal. 22 L.R. and I can’t find a serial number on it anywhere. The grips are made of plastic with the logo “Mendoza”. Any info about this gun is appreciated.

I have a wooden stock (without the leather holster) for my broomhandle mauser but the serial number on the stock doesn’t match with the gun. My question is how much does having this stock with the gun increase the value of the broomhandle?

I have two boxes of Alcan 2 3/4 inch 12 ga. shotgun shells #8 chilled shot “GAMEMAX“. The shells are made of plastic not paper. Any idea as to the worth of these boxes of shells.

Thanks for any information you can provide.

Zigzag2
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (1/30/03 6:00:35 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Three questions
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Oakman, Hello and welcome

I did a quick "Google Search" (located at the bottom of our page here) and found a link to 1, I think may be the same as you have.
    Take a look-see...
    www.gunsamerica.com/fast.cgi?guncat=2141

As far as the Broomhandle stock an original will bring good money with the original leather scabbard.
    Just to give you an idea, take a look-see here...
    www.iar-arms.com/special_offer.htm

Sorry, but I don't have a clue about your shotgun shells

Quote:
    "Tell the gossipers and liars I will see them in the fire" - Johnny Cash, Let the train whistle blow

ZiggedandZagged@aol.com

Xracer
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (1/31/03 8:43:46 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Three questions
    Hi Oakman......welcome to TFF.

It depends on which model of the Broomhandle you have. For most post-1900 variations, "Add approximately $400 for a matching shoulder stock.....$325 for non-matching. This assumes excellent condition....." Blue Book of Gun Values (23rd Edition).

However, there are some particular models where it's worth more.