Mexican Loop Holster

Discussion in 'Self Defense Tactics & Weapons' started by TranterUK, Aug 4, 2008.

1. TranterUK

TranterUK Guest

Just something I was taught a thousand years ago that may be of interest or help to others, a makeshift handgun holster made from a loop of cord. I was told it was known as the 'Mexican Loop'.

Make a loop of strong cord and tie it tight, a blob of glue wouldn't go a miss. I figure about 6" inside gap when stretched straight, but experiment for yourself.

Pass it under your belt and through itself so as the loop is top side. Pass the muzzle through it and inside the pants.

Now your favourite pistol wont slip out of reach. I know it cant replace a well made leather holster. It's not supposed to, but you may be surprised how handy a couple of these can be. :)

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 4, 2008
  2. southernshooter

southernshooter New Member

Tranter I really prefer the Parchman carry

Attached Files:

3. TranterUK

TranterUK Guest

Interesting southern, light and cheap with a good close fit. Is it a Glock factory job?
  4. delta13soultaker

delta13soultaker New Member

Tranter, very cool.

Parachute cord would do great with that task. (NATO 550 cord)

Just pull the "guts" out, that being the white nylon threads inside. Join the ends with a square knot. Hold the loose ends together with pliers and melt together with a lighter....the loop will not come apart.
  5. TranterUK

TranterUK Guest

Good call Delta, we call it Para Cord, go figure. I have melted the knots before now with a match in the kitchen. Best done when the wife's not at home, you know cord starting to burn, melted bits on the table, burnt fingers and black smoke thick enough to hide a battleship. :)

She came home once and caught me dipping a plastic holster in a saucepan of boiling water. Try explaining that one, fortunately she knows me well enough not to bother asking. :)
  6. delta13soultaker

Yes, para cord, five-fifty cord...same stuff.

Fully understand. Been caught in some comprimising situations too. One time was cutting pantyhose into little 3"x3" squares. That is too put beef liver in and roll onto a hook...catfish can't resist and your bait never falls off. A good little trick. But...a grown man cutting up pantyhose is awkward thing to explain at any moments notice...especially to the lady who owned that pair of hose:D
  7. TranterUK

TranterUK Guest

Perhaps you should have waited till she took them off? :)
  8. delta13soultaker

It's just much more fun when she's in them:D:D:D
  9. Excellent tip, Tranter. Thanks for posting it. I can see where that simple device could come in right handy, especially in an emergency situation.

Delta, I'm surprised Shellie didn't sew you up in a bed sheet and and dump you in the river for that one. ;) She must be a very forgiving soul. :rolleyes:
  10. delta13soultaker

Naw...Pistol, trust me, I don't think she'll ever run out of them things:D:D:D

Attached Files:

• 013.JPG
      013.JPG
      File size:
      50.2 KB
      Views:
    • 037.JPG
      037.JPG
      File size:
      29.4 KB
      Views:
    • 0132.JPG
      0132.JPG
      File size:
      42.9 KB
      Views:
  11. TranterUK

TranterUK Guest

Now I know I am in the wrong country!
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 4, 2008
  12. delta13soultaker

Yup. I reckon literally:) She's about as full Native American as you will see:) They don't make 'em like that anywhere else:D
  13. Xaiver56

Xaiver56 New Member

Tranter, thank you for sharing the tip, just another reason why I visit this site daily...
  14. Xaiver56

Xaiver56 New Member

Southern, that is awesome, yet more proof that Duct Tape is a tool that can help with anything!!
  15. AngelDeville

AngelDeville New Member

I don't know you personally Delta, but I think I can safely say, that She is MUCH better than you deserve...