1. terry157

terry157 New Member

My friends father purchased a 12 gauge shotgun sometime during the late 60's while he was in Italy. The gun is a double barrell shotgun heavily engraved on the receiver and the exposed hammers. The brochure he has states that the gun is a MI-VAL. He was told the the side by side is supposed to be manufactured by Beretta. I have searced the internet and gun books to no avail. Anyone out there have some info?
  2. baldbigears

baldbigears New Member

I bought two of these in Italy around 1971 while on a Navy Meditaranean Cruise. They were purcahsed from the Berretta Factory at Bresica for $49.50each American.

I don't know what it is worth but if he is interested in selling it I would like to know.

Was your friends father in the Navy Assault Craft Unit 2?
  3. roaduck

roaduck New Member

I also bought the Mi-Val double barrel shotgun in the Navy around 1968 during a Med tour. They told me it was made for Beretta. I paid $85 dollars for it, and when I got back to the states the following months, I was offered $250 from a guy at a turkey shoot. That is the only timed it was fired. I still have it in my closet in a gun case. I found one for sell on-line at $3000. I would take that for it, if someone wanted it.
  4. goatdriver

goatdriver New Member

I purchased one from a catalog as the salesman did not have a sample in late 1968 on a med cruise also. When I got mine the beretta rep said the model was discontinued and he would see if he could find one at the factory. When we returned to port 4 months later he come walking down the pier with one. He then told me that that Mi val was the fith one he sold out of Naples that was to be imported by a service man. He also stated that Beretta had to find the pieces to make the gun. He also said it was the last one. I don't know about his truthfulness but it is interesting that there is five on this forum and all from navy people. Just for info the serial number of mine is 1786 and a local shop that looked at mine appraised it at 3000 dollars.
  5. blubao

blubao New Member

I own a Mi-Val rabbit ear shotgun bought in 1969/70 on a med cruise,in Napels,Italy. I was on the USS Hermatage. With Assult Craft Unit Two. Go green Navy..... I have got a lot of use out of the gun but have a broken trigger spring been looking for one but parts are hard to find. The company made motor cycles and was liecense by Beretta. I now this is an old posting but I,m giving it a try.
  6. American Leader

American Leader Active Member

Very interesting story line!
  7. Tractorfinder

Tractorfinder New Member

I have a MI-VAL 12g with s# 1234 in excellent condition. What's it worth? Does the 1234 s# make it worth more money?