Mice

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jack404, Aug 4, 2012.

1. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

i think because i have birds its worse but i been getting 4-5 mice a night in the 6 traps i have around the feed bins and aviary

and this afternoon sometime ( cause i reset the traps this morning ) i got one with two young mice in it one looking too close while the other took the peanut butter ( chunky) ;)

two for!!

no power up at the fowl house or aviary yet but as soon as the ground dries out i'll run a trench and pipe a line over there and install a electropulse unit
  2. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    We get em too. Mice, and field rats. No traps though, put out some decon, and what the decon don't get I take with the .22 pistol.
  3. wv hillbilly

wv hillbilly Well-Known Member

bacon greese and foam rubber work well
    they eat it, but cant digest it
  4. 76Highboy

76Highboy Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Oh, I like that.
  5. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

dunno if it'd do much good these one like the plastic offa wiring , eaten the triumph to bare copper and the bantam too bakerlite too the mongrels
  6. skullfr

skullfr New Member

7. time2shoot

time2shoot Well-Known Member

one of the local farmers uses runing lawn mowers all around his hay bails when he lifts them up tp move them. he gets a good 60-70 every time he does it. the run right under the mowers.
  8. medalguy

medalguy Member

I wonder if the mower trick would work with rattlesnakes too? :D It slices, it dices!!
  9. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

i'm trying to grow grass especially with spring and summer coming , lotsa baby moo moo's a comin, next few days i'm hoping for the first ( or as near as i can guess) a week or so for the next couple .. so yeah i'm in a bad spot and with grain around and 'tiels and geese aint clean eaters .. until i can run power up there and then put in a gadget its traps and more traps

then i'll put the lean-too roof up and once my lucerne is in i'll stack it there
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2012
  10. Carne Frio

Carne Frio Active Member

11. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

i had 40-50 rats attack my pet birds (cockatiels) got hold of ones wing through the cage bars and we lost him

its been bad but not that bad
  12. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

Hey i was just thinking about that clip ( video Carne Frio posted)

the idiot greens went and adopted all these kittens from outta the newpapers and such ( 100's!! ) and let em all go wild in the bush as a pest management plan ,

we shooters been culling cats ever since , they did the same in the 70's too but only with 20-30 cats

bloody idiots .. the mice are feral ( introduced ) now they set cats on our nature ..

makes sense eh ? only if your a loon ..
  13. skullfr

skullfr New Member

we have that kind of problem here with nutria rats.They escaped in the early 1900s and are a huge problem here.They eat the grass in the marshes.There is a 5 buck bounty on em.I once got a membership to a private fishing area for cleaning them out with a bow.I never had more fun working.I ended up killing over a hundred in one day.They were used to humans and just made it easier.They are good eating too.I ended up selling them for 3 bucks a pop from my truck in the black are.
  14. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

aint fallin for that one , shot one near Klamath falls and cooked it up after being told its ok to eat

Dog tastes better than Nutria ..
  15. Thorisin

Thorisin New Member

I am not squemish but I sure didnt like that video. I have few fears (spiders are the worst for me) but I am not sure I would have liked that mouse situation much. I would have been buying as much poision as I could get my hands on.