1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Michigan's Handgun Registration Laws

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by 45Auto, Oct 3, 2012.

1. 45Auto

45Auto Active Member

We need to end Michigan's costly and unnecessary gun registration scheme as well as the onerous handgun purchase permit process.

Any Michigan voters here need to contact their State Senator and Gov. Snyder's office and let them know that we need to move on this issue right now. Gov. Snyder wants to stall a vote on this new law until after the election. If this is not voted on now these politicians will kill it. We are closer now than ever to ending handgun purchase permits and registration. But we must get our politicians off their a**'s and back to work.
  2. RYANINMICHIGAN

RYANINMICHIGAN New Member

Ya this law is a joke and a waste of time. Used to be a bigger waste when you had to take ihe pistol to the court so it could be check for safety by some half ass deputy that didn't know what they were looking at. This law is what pushed me to get my CPL so I could get around it.
  3. 76Highboy

76Highboy Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I hope the masses speak out for you guys. Keep us posted.
  4. ka64

ka64 Well-Known Member

Have been for decades.......................:mad:
  5. GunNut89

GunNut89 New Member

i hate having to get those purchase permits. and not to mention the 10 dollar notary fee. i had to take a long lunch break, go to the sheriffs dept, get the permit, then bring the two police copies back to the dept. that got old real quick. cpl took care of all that :)
  6. 45Auto

45Auto Active Member

It's a big pain in the a**. I'd like to see pistol purchase permits and Michigan state registration go away for good. Think of all the money we could save.

The NRA sent a fresh email regarding this issue. The anti-gun Michigan State Police are trying to get some language added to the act to water it down. So the NRA is asking us Michigan voters to contact our State Senators and ask them to keep the bill as-is.
  7. gvw3

gvw3 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Wow I thought we had it bad in Illinois. That's a lot worse. We can't carry guns but at least we can buy them.
  8. JTofGPD

JTofGPD New Member

Hmm... Exactly why I moved from there after 21 years... No ccw needed here in WY. And no purchase permit or registration.