Micrometer screw for RCBS Uniflow

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by perry, Jan 6, 2010.

1. perry

perry New Member

I would like to upgrade my Uniflow Powder Measure. Just wondering which Micrometer screw would I need for handgun charges. 3 to 30 grains? The one sold as small or the large one?
  2. perry

perry New Member

Thanks, found the answer on the Midway Shooters Supply web site.
  3. Freebore

Freebore New Member

As a point of information, the Micrometer assembly does make the Uniflow a little awkward to use. The metering tends to be weighted towards the heavy body of the screw assembly. I removed mine and went back to the original supplied screw assembly.

I find the Uniflow to be an excellent system without the Micrometer attachment, adjustment is the same.

Just my .02 cents
  4. Suicide*Ride

Suicide*Ride New Member

I agree w/ Freebore. While I kept the micrometer assembly for my rifle rds, I use the "Lil' Dandy" pistol rotor set up for my pistol rds. A bit pricey if you buy a bunch of the rotors [#2 through #25 @ $9ea :rolleyes:], but worth every penny if your OCD kicks in like mine does when looking for perfection every time.

Welcome to the forum!

SR :)
  5. jim brady

jim brady Well-Known Member

Friend of mine also uses the Lil Dandy and swears by it for AA powders. I used the RCBS Uniflow measurer for decades (along with a 10/10 scale). Got to where I was going to very small charges in some of my pistol loads, and that set-up wasn't very accurate for the very light charges. It was fast, but I got to where I didn't trust the charges. I changed over to the Lyman DPS3 system, and so far it works really well for the lighter charges.

If I kept the Uniflow, I think I'd have gone to scale checking every charge that was under 5.5 grains, and I'd have used an electronic scale vs. the 10/10.
  6. Gene Seward

Gene Seward Member

I love mine and after putting the baffle in the Uniflow it is waaaay more accurate without worrying about the measure getting low. Again JMHO
  7. perry

perry New Member

Thanks for the information.