microsoft word?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BETH, Oct 31, 2012.

1. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

anyone here use it? i am doing a project for friend set the margins but when i go to page 2 the top margin is not the same as the 1st page? can anyone help?
  2. Bindernut

Bindernut Well-Known Member

What version of Word are you using? I think the older versions are still laid out pretty similarly, but here's a screenshot from Word 2007 (I know Word 2010 is the same).

first, make sure your cursor is at the very beginning of your document.
    Then, in the File menu go to the Page Setup and the following box should pop up for ya.
    Notice down at the bottom of the box you have an Apply to: option. this should be set to "Whole Document" instead of "This point forward"...although with the cursor at the beginning of the doc it shouldn't matter.
    Also, pay attention to the Multiple Pages: option. If you're just doing a regular typed page style doc then make sure it's set for "Normal".

Another thing you might want to try is putting the cursor right after the very last character that you've typed and then hold down the DELETE key for a few seconds. this will pull off any extra tabs, spaces, line breaks that you might have stuck onto the end of your document. I don't think these would affect the margin spacing but I'm not sure at the moment.

Attached Files:

3. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

using 2010 did put "whole document"
  4. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

thank u thank u thank u i have been trying to figure it out for over an hour. i put the cursor at the end and then hit the delete button and it move the text wow thank u so much
  5. cpttango30

cpttango30 Guest

I love when office does crazy stuff like that. Extra stuff at the end. Or like one teacher who in excel highlighted an entire row (By clicking on the number) and made the cell color yellow. Not sure if anyone know but the max cell count for a row is 1,048,576. I had a new office assistant and she just hit print and couldn't figure out why the printer wasn't printing. Well she hit print 5 times and because of the size of the print job all of that data crashed the print server. SIGH

I love google docs.
  6. terryu1

terryu1 Armed Infidel Supporting Member

In Word, if you just keep on typing and let Word split the pages you will have the same margins for the entire document. Just keep on typing even when you hit bottom of page and word will go to another with same setting as first.
  7. mjp28

mjp28 Well-Known Member

Gee the stuff you learn on here, my first two laptops were IBM ThinkPads, great computers but they had Lotus (remember that?) not Word.

So I'm basically Word challenged. When I got this now Chinese Lenovo ThinkPad I did not get Word added to my computer, I use the installed Notepad, Wordpad and I downloaded OpenOffice.

I do not do very many docs but had to DL OpenOffice just to read other people's Word docs sent my way.

Hey I get by but wish I had Word from day 1.
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2012
  8. gvw3

gvw3 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

That Open Office is pretty good and you can't beat the price. I have a version that works on my flash drive. I use it some times at customer sites to modify imported data.
  9. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

I keep Open Office on a flash drive, also. It is handy to have it when you need it on somebody else's computer.

Pops