The Firearms Forum banner

Midway/UPS

4K views 17 replies 11 participants last post by  BobMcG 
#1 ·
I placed my order for everything I needed to start reloading for my Swift LATE Saturday night, 2/19.

The ONLY one of the things i needed the MOST to start, my length guage for the trimmer I ordered was backordered, not to be shipped until 3/1.:cool: Crap. But they said my order shoudl be to me by 2/28. OK, I can get my bench organized by then and get ready to start reloading.

On SUNDAY 2/20, I get an email saying my order has been PACKED and is on the truck!??? They work on SUNDAYS???

But then a few minutes later I get the notice from UPS, even though the LABEL was printed, UPS had NOT taken possesion yet. OK, so the weaseling has started, I thought.

No problem, I was out of town all week, arranged my schedule so I could be home Monday 2/28 to get it, and even Friday 2/25 IN CASE it came early.

Got a call from my wife TONIGHT (2/23), after I had already done my "out of town-call my wife to stay in touch call" which usually means something is WRONG.:(

Instead, it was, "I forgot to tell you, when I got home today there was a note on the door from UPS, telling me there was a package on the side porch! (as I had instructed them on the Midway site, "special instructions for the driver)

My Midway order came TODAY. 4 days after I ordered it. LONG before promised.

Now if the backordered guage will arrive quicker than they promised I will be REALLY impressed!:p

Midway and UPS get 5 stars from me!

Underpromise and Overdeliver. Been a long time since I have experienced that from ANY company.

Polish

See less See more
#3 ·
Shooter that has been my experience with them. For some reason I haven't figured out yet I seem to have to order something from them ever couple of weeks and for several years now I have never had a problem. Last week I got a back order via USPS and another order UPS the same day. Good people for my part.

#4 ·
Funny thing is my WIFE ordered from them before I did!:p

I guess I left enough hints for "Santa" (open magazine ads, the MidwayUSA.com website written on any scrap of paper laying around:D) that the old fat guy figured it out and ordered my RCBS RASS shooting bench from them!

The only thing that screwed up my devious wonderful wife was the same thing, delivered too EARLY by UPS on a day when I just happened to be home for an "office day" before Xmas!

I had to promise to act surprised on Christmas Morning or she threatened to send it BACK:eek::p

But then again, it was so HEAVY she wouldn't have been able to get it into the HOUSE much less hide it from me without my help so it worked out fine:D

#5 ·
And ANOTHER Thing, this Monday and Tuesday I had to be in St Louis. Driving there Monday, every UPS truck I saw on 70 heading East while I drove the 5 or 6 hours west I chuckled and thought "I wonder if my order is on THAT one..." since I knew Columbia, MO is about 2 hours west of St Louis.

Hell, it probably WAS on one of them!:D

#6 ·
Only problem I've ever had with midway is their back order shipping policy.

Everyone else I deal with, I order and they say, "Okay, the total is this much, and the shipping is this much. This thingie is back ordered, so we won't charge you for it until it gets here." They send me my stuff, and when the back ordered thing comes in, they charge my card for it and send it to me. But they only charge my card for the item. No more shipping.

Midway charges me shipping on the stuff that is sent, and then when the back order comes in they charge shipping to send it.

You said the length gauge for your trimmer was back ordered. That's what, buck and a half, maybe two bucks? When it comes in there will be the two buck charge for the gauge, and three bucks shipping.

If it was me, I'd have held off on ordering until that piece was in. You can do that on their website. "Notify me when this comes in".

First time that happened to me, I had a fairly large order, with three items back ordered. None of them cost over five bucks, or weighed over about two ounces. They all three came in at different times, so were shipped out separately. Ended up paying about ten bucks shipping on those three items. If they had been with the original order, they probably would not have raised the shipping cost at all. An additional half-pound added to a fifty pound order ain't nothin'.

So now I don't place my order unless everything I want is in stock.

#9 ·
Only problem I've ever had with midway is their back order shipping policy.
So now I don't place my order unless everything I want is in stock.
I'm much the same when it comes to their backorder policy. I did have an order placed earlier this week and had a first happen. Here's a direct copy of the email they sent me :

"Thank you for your recent order. We apologize we have oversold by (2) of the Speer Bullets 380 ACP (355 Diameter) 95 Grain Total Metal Jacket Box of 100. We have issued a refund for the bullets back to your card and are shipping the rest of your order today. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

If you have any additional questions or comments, please feel free to contact us at 1-800-243-3220. Our hours of operation are Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. CT; Saturday and Sunday 9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. CT. You may also email us at customerservice@midwayusa.com.

Thanks for Your Business!

Jessica I
MidwayUSA Customer Service"

The 200 bullets were about 1/2 the weight of this order, yet I didnt' get any shipping refunded..... :confused::confused::confused: still charged the same amount for shipping. Not sure if it actually makes a difference, but since it's not going flat rate, I would think that a couple of pounds should be a couple bucks less.

First time I've ever had any sort of issue with Midway though, so I'm not going to fret over a couple bucks in light of the stellar service that i've gotten from them over the years.

#11 ·
Yeah, you are probably right Alpo. But finding stuff for a .220 Swift isn't easy, most shops won't have it so I would have to order it on line from somebody anyway.

At first I wanted 100 Vmax bullets but they didn't have the 50 gr in stock and with the backorder of just the bullets and the gauge it was like another $10 shipping.

Then when I changed to all Sierra bullets which they had in stock, the only backorder item was the gauge and the extra shipping dropped to like $3 USPS which I can live with.

I guess when it shows up I will have a better opinion, but I just got done with playing with everything in the box and the order was perfect that I got yesterday;)

Funny thing is my wife just got another flyer from them in the mail today and saw a few things I need that I forgot to order on sale so I just might have to place another order soon:p

#12 ·
Plus a couple of the things were on sale so I either saved a few bucks on that stuff or else ended up ordering something better than intended too. For example I needed a bore guide, and from their catalogue was going to order just their cheap universal one for like $15 but on the website I saw their $30 Tipton was on sale for like $21 and am glad I got it. Not only did it come with an unexpected case but it has the special guide just for AR-15s which will work fine with my Rock River now, plus the extra brass muzzle guards and stuff for my one .22 that I have to clean from the muzzle.

If it WASN'T on sale at the time I ordered it I would have not got the extras, so that works for me too.

#14 ·
Both are excellent companies,never no problems...now fedex is another stiory..
LMAO - Ya got that right ! I deal with UPS or priority mail whenever possible. I will give it to FedEx on this last shipping ordeal, all the boxes of my reloading equipment arrived unscathed. I always hate that FedEx delivers during the worst hours for residential pkgs, usually between 10am and 1pm..... ???? most people are at work, what is the sense in hauling it all around, just to leave me a note that says I have to go pick it up some 33 miles away??? I like that UPS delivers later here, giving me plenty of time to get home from work and be here for delivery.

#17 ·
yep it happend to me again today! 3 items on backorder and 2 on hand. tried new methead sofar sogood we will see what happens. i allso told them that was the only complaint i had with them. y should i haft to pay UPS two times. not my falt they dont have what they show in stock;)

#18 ·
Always had stellar performance from both Midway and UPS as well, however I avoid back-orders with Midway like the plague.

Given the choice in shippers, I'll pick UPS over FedEx every time. My UPS driver seems to go above and beyond in performing his job and my experiences with FedEx have been lackluster indeed. Instruct them to leave the package in on the front porch and wonder why it hasn't arrived when they said it would; to find it on the opposite side of the house sitting outside a door (porch-less at that) I hardly ever use; and more than just once or twice at that. What the heck is wrong with these people?

Another good one; they shipped a package from Graf & Sons to a city 100 miles from me and then took it back to Graf's saying they couldn't find me; with nothing at all incorrect about my address Graf's put on the package! That one left me and Graf's scratching our heads over it. Graf's then re-sent the package to me via UPS 2nd day and it was delivered el-quick-o, with no additional shipping charges to me; not cheap for them as it was a powder delivery w/Haz-Mat charges involved as well. (Graf & Sons is A+ in my book as well.)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.