Might get to finish afterall

Discussion in 'The 1911 Forum' started by JLA, Feb 21, 2010.

1. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

The rowland barrel shipped today. I should have it by the weekend. S*R, looks like we'll be shootn .460s at the meet:D

I get the finally completed monster photographed and a range report over the weekend:)
  2. Suicide*Ride

Suicide*Ride New Member

WOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOO!! :D Yeah bay-bee! (Doin' the Cabbage patch! ;) :D)

S*R
  3. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

JLA, That is some kind of beautiful pistol. I'm looking forward to the range report on the rowland barrel.
  4. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

mee too.;) Been aching to shoot the .460s since the bullets and brass arrived. Ive had 20 rds loaded for the audette ladder test just staring at me for weeks:D
  5. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Well folks, Here she is, All done and lookin mean... This thing is POWERFUL. I got my load developed. 11.0 gr Longshot under a 230 gr Golden saber. Im going to load up a box and shoot some groups and post the pics. I have one on my cell phone but i cant figure out how to put it on the 'puter':eek:.

It hits as hard as a 240 gr .44 mag load but recoils like a light .357 mag load. that comp and the 24 lb spring makes all the difference. Its not hard at all to stay on target. Im gonna do some bullet expansion tests as well. I kinda wanna see what a golden saber does at 1300 fps since they open up good enough at 850:D I cant wait to shoot a pig with it:)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 16, 2010
  6. todd51

todd51 Well-Known Member

A nice picture of a beautiful pistol and those are awesome ballistics. Great job JLA well done. I have this mental picture of a hog just collapsing and tumbling to the ground.
  7. Suicide*Ride

Suicide*Ride New Member

I think you've got a wiinnaaa!! ;)

"I have one on my cell phone but i cant figure out how to put it on the 'puter'"

Re; the picture on your phone. It can be sent to your email & then you can download it from there. Go to the pictures in your phone, click on the picture, then click on the menu button & click on the "insert into message" icon. You'll have to save or add your email address in your phonebook.

Hope that helps you Brutha. ;)

When you get a chance for more pictures - take a few w/ the 460 rds standing or laying so they can be seen next to some 45acp for size comparison! :D

(That weapon has a frickin drool factor of 10+! :D)

S*R
  8. woolleyworm

woolleyworm Active Member

Where's the smiley with drool running down the face..... That is one mean lookin 1911. One of the best at home custom jobs I've ever seen, I would have to fire it to deem it the absolute best though..(hint ... hint...):D:D
  9. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Ill have it and 100 rds at the TFF texas meet in West. All who attend are welcome to shoot it.
  10. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Ok I just texted the group to my email.... gotta go see if it worked...:)
  11. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Dang! That was easier than I thot. Im angry about the flier. The group was shot at 25 yds from a bench with the pistol rested on a rolled up soft case. If not for the flier the group would have been a 5 shot single ragged hole:mad:

Attached Files:

12. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Well here you go...;) The only differences between the two are the length of the case, powder used, and case integrity, and obviously working pressure, the .45ACP operates at 18000-20000psi and the rowland operates between 35000-40000 psi. Everything else is equal...:D

Attached Files:

13. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

And as promised here are the expansion tests for Golden sabers at 1350 fps. They expand beyond thier capability at less than 25 yds...

Attached Files:

14. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

man that was a fun build... I gotta do another pretty soon...:)