Mil Surp Pilot's Survival Knife

Discussion in 'Knives & Edged Items' started by offeror, Nov 5, 2004.

1. offeror

offeror New Member

I've had my eye on that Air Force Survival Knife for a while, and I finally ordered one when the price came down recently -- received it today. It's a great practical knife! These are in "new-old stock" condition, very strong, and very very sharp.

I like mil surp knives because you can count on professional strength, and this is exceptional. A classic military leather grip, substantial blade with very sharp clip point, and a pro quality reinforced leather sheath in like-new condition. Overall it's about the size of a typical hunting knife. There was a slight hint of oxidation on the hilt (not the blade) which responded well to a coating of Break-Free, and with that bit of care I've dubbed this a surprising and superior all-purpose knife -- better than the pictures in the catalogs suggest. I got mine for $20 from Cheaper Than Dirt. That's a value and a bargain for a great, handy, not-too-big knife that I think many will love to have on their belts. And again, unlike some bayonets, this baby is sha-arp...! I'm a happy consumer...

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2004
  2. 358 winchester

358 winchester *TFF Admin Staff*

My dad gave my brother and I both one of these many many many years ago as our first hunting knife I still have mine. and on occasion will take it to the woods with me because Dad gave it to me.
    Ron
  3. wdbf

wdbf New Member

If you like knives with a military history, take a look at the KABARs that are 3/4 scale. Same profile,sheath,metal,but a less intimidating, more practical size. You can occ. find one on ebay for ~$30 range. Nice to carry when just walking around with a hiking staff.