Military Gunsmiths

Discussion in 'General Military Arms & History Forum' started by guntutor, Apr 22, 2009.

1. thuderbird7

thuderbird7 New Member

Hey guys, I just finished the Fort Bliss Small Arms Master Gunner Course today, and all I can say is WOW! I learned soooo much. I wish the Army treated small arms like they do big bullets, and made this an Army recognized course with an ASI. I recommend this course to EVERY NCO/OFFICER! It wasn't a "souped up armorers course", nor was it a "Sniper Course". It taught SDZ's, 6-month range plans, weapons, optics, lasers, training aids, Ultimate Training Munitions (ouch!), Shoulder Launched Munitions, EST Operator/Certification, and STRAC. PEO Soldier also came and talked fielding for each of our units, and what is being developed and adapted by the Army. The Instructors were very knowledgeable, and helpful. I left there with knowledge, and enough classes, offsets, and information to melt a pogue's brain!!! Kudos to Fort Bliss for running this excellent course! Let me know if you want some info, or have any questions!