Military look 22 cal. rifles

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by fritz171@verizon.net, Jun 2, 2008.

1. fritz171@verizon.net

fritz171@verizon.net New Member

I'm looking for a military look rifle (ar-15,mp-40,ak-47 etc.) that shoots 22 lr ammo. I saw a guy at the range firing one that looked like a Ar-15 but I didn't get the name of the manufacturer. You would think that with the price of ammo many companys would make then. Thanks. Kurt
  2. There was one built in Italy called the Armi Jaeger AP-74, Fritz. It closely resembles an AR-15. I don't know they are sill available stateside.
  3. TranterUK

TranterUK Guest

I have seen a very nice .22 cal. MP5 clone called the GSG-5. Very cool with lots of accessories.

I think the companies called German Sports Guns. I have no idea if it's available in the US.
  4. Mosin_Nagant_Fan

Mosin_Nagant_Fan Active Member

There's a kit for the AR-15/M-16 and, I think, AK-47 to make 'em into .22lr, but I can't remember the name. It's always in the Shotgun News magazine ads.
  5. LurpyGeek

LurpyGeek Active Member

Like this?

There are a lot of 'military style' .22s out there. You can get some custom stocks for Ruger 10/22's that make them look almost identical to the real thing as well. From MG-42's to Steyr AUGs.
  6. Shooter45

Shooter45 *Administrator* Staff Member Supporting Member

Johnathan Arthur Ciener produces a .22 conversion for the AR-15 and several more rifles and pistols. Perhaps that's what you saw at the range.

www.22lrconversions.com
  7. iwannasee

iwannasee New Member

Armi Jager AP-74

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  8. LDBennett

LDBennett Well-Known Member

While not a clone of anything, the FEATHER is made in the USA and looks very tactical. It IS available for California sales if equipt with the less than 10 round magazine. It is nicely made and shoots well, at least mine does. Stripped down models are not all that expensive but start adding accessories and it gets up there quick! I do like mine and i could not resist adding accessories.

http://featherusa.com/page2.html

LDBennett
  9. Haligan

Haligan Well-Known Member

I bought a Ruger 10/22 last winter and put a Dragonov style camo stock on it and I think it looks great.

Real easy to do, just alittle dremal tool action to make the mag come out easier.
  10. Enfield

Enfield New Member

Hi
    Whilst not a copy of any partiicular military weapon, I have just got a Wather G22. With the Bullpup design it looks more like a military style than a traditional hunting rifle, it also seems to be made to a very hi quality.

Cheers

Enfield in NZ
  11. McFry

McFry New Member

Bushmaster actually makes a .22lr that has alot of the same features and mechanical workings of an AR-15. It isn't cheap though, MSRP is 780 USD.
  12. fritz171@verizon.net

fritz171@verizon.net New Member

Thanks to all for the advice. I'll be checking out all the guns you all suggested. Happt shooting.
  13. cerbera7

cerbera7 New Member

Hi,
    I have an Armi Jager AP84 which looks like a Galil. Ive been trying to get info on magazines but everything comes up short. I notice in the pics of the AR15 Jager copy that the mags look similar to mine. Does anybody know if the other models mags fit mine?
    Any help on this would be gratefully received and to the helper, come to England and beer will flow!!!!!
    Thanks.
    Mark
  14. rict

rict New Member

15. Waldo Pepper

Waldo Pepper New Member

My TAC-SOL AR-22 is a better shooter then one would think. It sits on a DPMS lower and with 25 round magazines it is a hoot to shoot.

[​IMG]