1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Military sword and bayonet

Discussion in 'Knives & Edged Items' started by DougM, Dec 8, 2008.

1. DougM

DougM New Member

Hi-

I received these 2 items from my father in laws estate. Anyone have any information based on the pics and how much they are worth. I did some research on the sword and the best I could come up with is a Prussian Calvalry sword from around 1914. The wording on the sword says "Mit Gott Fur, Kaiser Und Reich. Picture of Kaiser Wilhelm. Metal sheath

The bayonet only has the intials of WKC. The sheath is made of leather. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks

Attached Files:

2. CHUCKEYCITY13

CHUCKEYCITY13 New Member

The sword looks to be a Prussian Officers Dress sword the wording is to the effect FOR GOD COUNTRY AND KING it seems to fancy for combat use the bayonet is a S1871 it was for the 1871 Mauser as for the values hard to say I have sold the bayonets in the 250.00 to 400.00 range on ebay the best way to get the higer price is to offer the item to international bidders as for the sword just a guess but I figure 400.00 to 600.00 maybe more