Millet rifle scope?

Discussion in 'Large-Bore/Small-Bore Rifle/Shotgun' started by jacksonco, Mar 28, 2010.

1. jacksonco

jacksonco New Member

Are the Millet rifle scopes any good? I know they are not a top shelf item. But just what is the scoop on the Millet Mil-Dot scopes?

Thanks,
    Jeff
  2. cycloneman

cycloneman Well-Known Member

We dont see very many of them down here in Louisiana. However I stayed in Oaklahoma for a good 6 months back a few years ago. There was a old ex military sniper who ran a gun shop in Enid. He swore by them. In fact up in that part of the country I saw quite a few of them at the local shops. Wish I could tell you more about them. I will say this. With any scope the rings and bases are very important. I strongly recommend steel rings and bases. Warne makes nice ones and the price is right. You woint believe how many problems are the fault of the rings.
  3. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

I think they are great. Quality is comparable to burris optics and they are less expensive. I wouldnt hesitate to buy another...
  4. jacksonco

jacksonco New Member

thanks for the feedback. I am looking at a 4-16 power mil-dot for my 700 sps. I have also looked hard ar the Bushenell 3200 fixed 10 power mil dot. I would realy like a higher end scope but need to keep with in a budget for now. I may bite the bullet and go for a Bushnell 6500 mil-dot but the lower priced one seem more likely at this time.
  5. cycloneman

cycloneman Well-Known Member

Hay wait. Bushnell has a 6x24 mill dot. I have 2 of them and they are the bomb. Clean and clear. I use this for my long shots for deer and antelop. They work. I have had one on a Savage for some 8 years now. Taken so many animals i can't even count them. I paid 439 to 469 for them. Never a problem allways holds zero. They have a new mdl now with side focus. Mine is on the bell. I would buy another in a heart beat. Warne steel rings and bases.

Remember this when your hunting at evening and you have the power cranked up you loose light in the scope. I am not really worried about that because I usually hunt where I have to score the animal so it's in daylight. A plus with the bushnell elites is the rain guard. That is a big plus in my book especially when it's real cold and your breath fogs up the lense.
  6. The_Rifleman

The_Rifleman New Member

Bite the bullet! I have had 2 3200s die on me in the last 6 months and am now waiting for the second refund check to get here. They couldn't hold a zero for more than 200 shots, 20 shots for one.

I am now enjoying my $50 BSA in place of the 3200. Well, "enjoying" really isn't the word, but at least it functions as intended.
  7. Lee C.

Lee C. New Member

I have a millet scope on a 243 of mine and it works pretty good.
  8. bluesea112

bluesea112 Active Member

I have a Millet 50mm scope on my Browning 300 RUM. It has not let me down yet. However, I have not put a lot of rounds down the barrel. It hurts to bad. I have put about 3 boxes of shells down range with that rifle, shot 1 deer and 1 hog, and the Millet is still holding zero.
  9. Tony22-250

Tony22-250 New Member

Buddy of mine is getting a millett for his R700 300 RUM with tally rings. Ill post a review once it gets in and mounted.
  10. BobMcG

BobMcG Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Millets? A buddy of mine who owns a gun shop has sold a small truck load of 'em and not a single customer has ever mentioned having a problem with one.
    Me? Never owned one but I have mounted a couple and shot with them and they seem OK. The workmanship and materials look and feel pretty good. They don't seem like a bad scope for the money.
  11. jacksonco

jacksonco New Member

Thanks for the responses
  12. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Leupold has a nice fixed 10X that the military is using on the M25 semi-auto sniper rifle.
    http://www.snipercentral.com/m25.htm