MILLION MORE GUNS TO BE BANNED

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by Shizamus, May 14, 2003.

1. Shizamus

Shizamus New Member

2. warpig

warpig Guest

We have to keep up on the phone calls and letter writing.

I sure hope this latest evil is to radical to have a chance at getting passed.
  3. pickenup

pickenup Active Member

Same thought, different thread.

Apathy is the biggest threat to our rights and freedom. If we could get ALL gun owners off of their complacent butts and out to vote, what a voice we would have.
  4. BlueTic

BlueTic New Member

Sent off 4 more letters today - Bush, both Senators and 1 Rep.

President George W. Bush
    The White House
    1600 Pennsylvania Avenue NW
    Washington, DC 20500

Mr. President Bush, May 13, 2003

I am writing to you because I’ve been told that you listen to the people who vote. I have E-mailed you in the past, but this issue is too big to address with a few simple lines that are answered with a computer generated response.
    The 1994 “Assault” weapons ban is due to sunset in 2004. There are some in political office who have introduced new legislation that supersedes and continues this grossly Unconstitutional infringement of my rights, as an AMERICAN. The old ban was bad enough, and I would like to see it sunset as designed. There is no reason to regulate the cosmetics and design of rifles and firearms, as it does not prevent crime. It does infringe on my Constitutional rights to bare arms.
    We both could quote statistics from various studies, for and against, but they do not tell the truth of the matter. The truth is evident, My government wishes to regulate free people from their freedom. My family and I enjoy going to the target range and we also hunt on occasion, but this is not the purpose of baring arms. We have a given right to protect ourselves and I will not bow down to someone who wishes to take that right away.
    I would like to extend an invitation to you or any Representatives / Senators, to join my family at our local range for some target shooting and discussion of our rights. I would like a response as how you intend to vote on this issue. Thank you.

Me (no I didn't put Bluetic at the end:D )
  5. Zigzag2

Zigzag2 Guest

Has got to be Warpig... has got to be :confused:
  6. Marlin

Marlin *TFF Admin Staff Chief Counselor*

I, too, have written the Prez, two Senators and my Representative.

The latter three know very well how I feel but it doesn't hurt to strongly reinforce that which they already aware.

We ALL need to do so. It is exactly what I have been trying to say on several other threads.