Mind Control

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by Haligan, Nov 17, 2012.

1. Haligan

Haligan Active Member

2. cutter

cutter New Member

They have been doing it for years! Wanting people to throw away what they have been taught and think what TV shows is true. Thats why I don't pay too much attention to the values they try and push. I am my own person and have a mind of my own. That is why the libs (or what ever you want to call them) do not like a selfsustaining person. They can't be swayed so easy.
  3. Haligan

Haligan Active Member

Like the Jedi mind trick only works on the weak minded.
  4. firefighter1635

firefighter1635 Active Member

Mind control isn't anything new to the Govt. LSD, the Manchurian Canidate and whatever else they've tried.
  5. gvw3

gvw3 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Haligan you have been coming up with some pretty good stuff as of late. Another good thread.
  6. RunningOnMT

RunningOnMT New Member

Great article. Awhile back I started a thread about desensitization to violence as a result of repeated exposure to graphic violence portrayed in movies, television, and video games. Almost everyone who responded told me I was all wet. Everyone likes to think of themselves as a free and independent thinker, immune to such external influences. That's because their conscious mind isn't aware of how their subconscious mind has effected conscious awareness.

Personal observations started me thinking about this subject. A coworker who was an avid video games fan gave my kids an older game platform. Both my girls and I were quickly drawn to this wonder of technology. I was myself amazed at how "real" the games were while I was playing. I WAS that character and I WAS in that fantasy scenario and surroundings. Reality was suspended or should I say, the game was my reality. The transfer in my mind from this world to the world of the game was so complete that when my character jumped I would thrust my leg and twist my body as if I was really jumping. Being a bit startled that these games could have this effect, I began to notice other phenomena.

One night I was sitting in the living room reading while my youngest (age about 6 or so)lay on the floor playing a video game. After awhile I noticed motion on the TV had stopped. My daughter was asleep. I got up to take her to bed and noticed the controller on her stomach and her hands at her side. Her fists were slightly clenched as if still holding on to the controller and her thumbs were frantically moving as if pushing buttons. She was playing the game in her dreams. Later on I had my own experiences with video games and sleep. After having stayed up way too late on a work night being totally absorbed by a game for hours, I finally went to bed. When I lay down and closed my eyes, images of the game began flashing in my head. I saw all the colors and lights...this game did not want to let go of my brain.

Then I started really paying attention to television. If prolonged exposure to video games had this effect on neurotransmitters, what effect does long term exposure to television have. It makes sense to me that if video games have this effect, then perhaps our ways of thinking might also be effected by television and movies. I noticed when watching a good movie I was again drawn into the world being portrayed, and I began to experience the emotions of the character or characters I identified with. I was more than a detached observer. I actually felt the sadness and anger, of a character whose wife had been murdered by a bunch of thugs. I wanted revenge.

So, if media has these effects on neurology and emotion, why wouldn't it influence what and how we think? The conclusion I came to is that it does and most of us have been influenced by attitudes and values fed to us by television and movies, our entire lives. Perhaps some influences have been innocent, but our obsession with the media has left us vulnerable to the puppet masters.

I still watch television but I try to be more aware of how information is spun and the effect it has on my thinking. Obtaining information and being entertained by media is fine, but I think we all need to be aware that when this technology has our focused attention we are allowing it to influence our thinking subconsciously, by means of a type of post hypnotic suggestion.
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2012