1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Mini-14 select fire, full auto/3rd/semi auto (pre-1986) value?

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by Kevin Bygd, Jan 20, 2007.

1. Kevin Bygd

Kevin Bygd New Member

I am a Firearms Instructor for a law enforcement agency. We have four select fire mini-14s that I'm looking at trading off for newer rifles. I don't know where to start on a price for these guns. They are stainless with wood stocks on three of them. The other one has a folding stock. They have been with our department since 1980 or so. I do not have a copy of the A.T.F. form 5, but I know they were bought before 1986. Any ball park price would be helpfull.
  2. 45Smashemflat

45Smashemflat Active Member

I beleive since they are pre-86 they are fully transferrable - but worth checking. If so, they bring a bit more. Seems like I was seeing the AC556 going for $6-7K a few months back. If they can only be sold to law enforcement or as dealer samples, the cost goes down considrably.
  3. southernshooter

southernshooter New Member

About $5,500-$6,000 is a good asking price on an AC556 The gun shape don't really matter due to the fact of the gun isn't special it is the regestered reciever that is worth $5,300.
    And the price above it to sell to an individual to sell to a Class 3 dealer $4,000 would be a good price
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2007