Mini 14 Target

Discussion in 'Large-Bore/Small-Bore Rifle/Shotgun' started by Hunter20028, Jun 8, 2010.

1. Hunter20028

Hunter20028 New Member

I had to have a Mini Target.Not really impressed, plenty accurate but recoil relatively stout for calibre and ejection of spent cartridge into next county.Any thoughts? Buy the way I have two others (181 series,ranch).I like the rifles.
  2. Big ugly

Big ugly New Member

My Mini has always been a case slinging monster. It would be so bad that three lines next to me would be empty when I would fire. As far as recoil, I will be finding out in a few weeks and post here after I gett o fire the Ole man's he just got. I havent even seen it yet but he is pretty impressed with it.
  3. Helix_FR

Helix_FR Active Member

I always like the look of the target series. Never owned one but have shot a few. Low orbit for the brass is the norm with them. There jumpy b/c of the gas system slinging everything back at ya. Thats what the barrel weight is for, to tune it out and harmonically stabilize the barrel.
    I have a Ruger Ultra Light in 223. It will catch people by surprise on how bad it will rise up on ya.
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2010