1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Mini 14 Target

Discussion in 'Large-Bore/Small-Bore Rifle/Shotgun' started by Hunter20028, Jun 8, 2010.

1. Hunter20028

Hunter20028 New Member

I had to have a Mini Target.Not really impressed, plenty accurate but recoil relatively stout for calibre and ejection of spent cartridge into next county.Any thoughts? Buy the way I have two others (181 series,ranch).I like the rifles.
  2. Big ugly

Big ugly New Member

My Mini has always been a case slinging monster. It would be so bad that three lines next to me would be empty when I would fire. As far as recoil, I will be finding out in a few weeks and post here after I gett o fire the Ole man's he just got. I havent even seen it yet but he is pretty impressed with it.
  3. Helix_FR

Helix_FR Active Member

I always like the look of the target series. Never owned one but have shot a few. Low orbit for the brass is the norm with them. There jumpy b/c of the gas system slinging everything back at ya. Thats what the barrel weight is for, to tune it out and harmonically stabilize the barrel.
    I have a Ruger Ultra Light in 223. It will catch people by surprise on how bad it will rise up on ya.
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2010