Mini 14

Discussion in 'The Pre-Ban Forum' started by Bulldog1862, Jun 10, 2008.

1. Bulldog1862

Bulldog1862 New Member

Will an aftermarket stock with a pistole grip make a Mini 14 into a Banned Gun in California
  2. jinn

jinn New Member

200+ reads and not even a single bit of help! Wish I knew, maybe none of them did either; call local authorities, trust their answer, I guess.
  3. LDBennett

LDBennett Active Member

Penal Code 12276.1

Its an AW if it is semiauto, centerfire, with the capacity to accept detachable magazines with any one of the following features:

--pistol gip that protrudes conspicuously below the action

--Thumbhole sotck

--folding or telescoping stock

--granade launcher or flare launcher

--Flash suppressor

--Forward pistol grip

Semiauto, centerfire with fixed mag if capacity is more than 10 rounds

Semiauto, centerfire less than 30 inches long

Note: bayonet lugs or bayonets are not features of AW under CA law
  4. hyperrex8

hyperrex8 New Member

i thought it was when you had a pistol grip that was seperate from the stock because they still sell the tapco stock with pistol grip and telescoping stock, but it is all one piece!!!!
  5. FireRescue911

FireRescue911 New Member

what do u guys think of the 6.8SPC
  6. Longspring

Longspring New Member

Not CA complient in that you are adding "evil" features . Ie pistol grip . You are also under mag restrictions . There is no "parts count " for 922r as it is a US made weapon . There are some configurations that would be illegle in all 50 states . Here is a link that can answer some federal questions . Know for sure before you build or buy anything if you don't know the rules . Call ATF and ask questions if you have to . Just because they sell neat parts and mags these days doesn't mean that you can put them into any config you want and be legit . I'm not a lawyer so you will have to do the reaserch for your own gun . ;)
    http://www.atf.gov/firearms/faq/faqindex.htm
  7. Macwarrior

Macwarrior New Member

I have a Ruger mini 14. everything is stock including the 30 round clip. I inherited this rifle from my Dad after he died in 1991. I would like some input on whether this rifle is legal in California.
  8. LDBennett

LDBennett Active Member

Macwarrior:

The gun is legal in California if not modified from original. The clip, if purchased before the 10 round magazine law took effect (you need proof if ever queried by law enforcement) is legal too. But if purchased after the ban or you have no proof of the purchase date, the magazine should be replaced with a 10 rounder. To avoid any confrontation with the magazine police I would only install the 30 rounder when no one else is at your shooting place and keep the gun with the 10 rounder in it all the time. Out of sight, out of mind. Also there are people who visit ranges to shoot who report others that they think have illegal guns. Trust no one if you want to avoid hassles, warranted or not.

LDBennett