Mini Mauser

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by Sherrer1*, May 28, 2012.

1. Sherrer1*

Sherrer1* Member

Happy memorial day. My uncle is a German pistol collector and just about any other old military type rifle. About a year ago he gave me an interarms mark X mini mauser action single shot .223 with a bull barrel. The stock is a synthetic and I would like to put a wood stock on it but every stock I find is for a regular barrel. Where can I find a stock for it or will I have to get it custom made? Would it be a large ring or small ring. Also the rifle has NO serial number. Just wondering where I could find a wood stock and how much you think it would be worth.
  2. TRAP55

TRAP55 Active Member

3. Twicepop

Twicepop Well-Known Member

Several years ago I had one of these and two of the guys that I that I frequently shoot with had them also. Then one day one of them had the extractor fall out. Upon close examination of mine and the other shootable rifle, we discovered that extractors were fitted to a groove milled into the bolt and then only staked in place. I soon got rid of mine, gun number two was sold also, and the one needing repair was sent off for a very lengthy and expensive repair to make it function again. Check yours to see if you might have the same extractor problems that we all experienced. As I understand it the newer models have had the problem retified, but the old ones like I had the problem still exists.

those who beat their guns into plowshares, will plow for those who didn't