MINI stroke?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by goofy, Aug 7, 2012.

1. skullfr

skullfr New Member

yeah bud,sounds like he will be just fine.
  2. Blackhawk Dave

Blackhawk Dave Member

I've been dealing with TIAs (mini-strokes) for 20 years. Oldeyes pretty much nailed the symptoms. My issue is that they occur fairly regularly, and have slowly taken away my strength. But if they are occasional and mild, should have no significant problems. Like I said, it took years of these things to actually cause problems. At age 80, he should just watch the cholesterol and take aspirin. But look out for bleeding under the skin. The skin gets fragile as we get older and the surface vessels are much more prone to bursting.
  3. clamman

clamman Active Member

I had a mini stroke about 16 years ago. I was at a freinds house with my wife and started feeling funny on the way home. Got in the house and the keys to the truck fell out of my hand and I felt warm and woozy. Went to Dr next morning and he said my BP was through the roof and had a mini stroke. Said to me straighten up or you're gonna be dead. I was not taking care of myself. Lotsa drinking, smoking cigs and weed. Took a stress test and passed. Been on Atenolol and Lisinopril and 81 mg asprin since then. No more problems and BP is 127/74 and I'm 56 and 290#

No more smoking of any kind since 2000 but still like to sip that kentucky whiskey :D hey gotta have one vice!