Minnesota Wind Turbines installed to Combat Global Warming

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mncarpenter, Feb 9, 2010.

1. mncarpenter

mncarpenter New Member

Here"s a good one-regarding wind turbines the various city gov'ts in the Minneapolis Metro installed to fight global warming. Quoted from the Star Tribune in Minneapolis-"The turbine in North St. Paul, near Hwy. 36, ran briefly "before it got too cold. It hasn't run consistently yet," said City Manager Wally Wysopal. "Anything in the air that has visibility like this turbine, people are expecting it to turn," he said. "It's been a little embarrassing to have it not turning on the windiest of days." the link:http://www.startribune.com/local/north/83506647.html

Check out the comments made by residents of our beloved liberal city...my favorite:"When (where) is global warming when you need it. Isn't global warming supposed to keep these turbines at a comfortable temperature ensuring they don't freeze up. I thought it was in the government mandated guidelines that the temperatures are no longer allowed to get this cold."

Oh, and these relatively small turbines are $417,000 apiece..x's 11. They could give me the money for 1 and I could pedal a stationary bike every day and produce more electricity than these things.
  2. pinecone70

pinecone70 Active Member

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
  3. flannelman

flannelman New Member

Rural Arkansas. But isn't all of Arkansas rural?
    Ya global warming is the reason we have now had the most snow in Arkansas since 1988. We got 6 inches or so yesterday and there is talk of another storm coming in this weekend. We might get 6 inches of snow over three years in a normal winter.
  4. bcj1755

bcj1755 New Member

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

That's funny!!!

Take THAT algore!!!:D:D:D:D:D
  5. oldogy

oldogy New Member

Come on guys and gals, the global warming thing has past with no credence. The mantra is now climate change. Should we tell the editor? Maybe they really have found no way to explain how climate of the earth has been changing for centuries.
    oldogy
  6. red14

red14 Active Member

What I want to know is, if we have had 6 Ice Ages? Who started the other 5-6 'Global Warming'/Climate Changes' episodes?
  7. navis128

navis128 New Member

Y'all are going to love those things after they are operational for a while...a little vibration and WHAM! That "cover" that's over the turbine "works" is going to end up a hood ornament! ;)
  8. TheGunClinger

TheGunClinger Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Volcano's and Mastodon pharts.