Minute Men fired on!!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by LIKTOSHOOT, Oct 5, 2005.

1. LIKTOSHOOT

LIKTOSHOOT Advanced Senior Member

Unclear as of now whether Mexican military or Zatea(sp?) But shots were fired by what was seen as FAL`s/308. Caught on film, this could get interesting. You guys down there stay safe. Two reporters with the Minute Men.

LTS
  2. 358 winchester

358 winchester *TFF Admin Staff*

Dang it now I will have to buy more beans and reload more ammo. Why don't the world understand we aren't giving them our homes and our country no matter what the goverment says!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  3. 1952Sniper

1952Sniper New Member

I'm scheduled for my "tour" with the Minutemen exactly two weeks from today. I will be wearing body armor.

Do you have any links to this story? I live two counties from the border and have been keeping tabs on the Minutemen (since I am one), and I haven't heard anything.
  4. LIKTOSHOOT

Sniper, this was in the last minutes of Greg Knapp`s show on AM570 KLIF Dallas/Ft. Worth .
    He will revisit it this afternoon. He is on from 4-7pm. He was down there last weekend, but this happened after he left. It will be interesting to hear more.
    I heard it, it seems it is one of the local ranchers along with two reporters and another of the Minute Men, I believe there were four or five in the truck (good guys).

LTS
  5. ducky

ducky New Member

Whereabouts along the border were they fired on? I grew up right along the south Texas border and we had several places that were within a half mile of the river where we used to shoot and run around. There was a couple times growing up where we were actually fired upon by folks (and we know they weren't the ranchers, because my father knows them all (from his former employment)).

I wouldn't be surprised, with all the hooplah going on in the Mexico bordertowns with the Zetas and kidnappings/assassinations that these guys crossed paths with some nasty folks. I'll bet this won't be the only incident either. The areas along deep south Texas, especially on the ranches off of old Military Highway, right along the river are teeming with drug smuggling routes and it's evident by all the cut fences and trails and whatnot. IMO, the Minutemen will have a bit more on their hands than just running into aliens. Good reason to keep well armed.

I wonder how close to the river the Minutemen were when the shots were fired also.

Just my $1.73
  6. 1952Sniper

1952Sniper New Member

It just makes you wonder how our politicians can sit on their fat, lazy, good-for-nothing butts and do NOTHING about the fact that foreign nationals are firing weapons over the border at American citizens. I dunno about you guys, but I consider that an act of war. Yet our politicians and even our media are conveniently ignoring it. What is it going to take????
  7. LIKTOSHOOT

I do not remember the area by name, but heard it was a pretty heavy drug traffic area---well known area. Have tried his webpage, but no mention of it. From my understanding, it is going to be kept quite until this evening.
    They are trying to get the video for a look see. All I can say is if you have the ability to listen on the radio or the website this evening-do so. I imagine that he will put it up on his site once he has all the pieces to the puzzle. One in the truck was a former Marine, thats about all I`ve got for now---but Knapp`s radio spot advertisement is running the headline for the show this evening.

LTS
  8. 1952Sniper

1952Sniper New Member

OK, roger that. Thanks for the heads-up. I know the area they're talking about, and it's exactly where I'm headed in two weeks. I'm sure I'll get the "skinny" on it when I'm there, but I want to find out as much as I can before I go.
  9. Carl S

Carl S New Member

Unfortunately, it is not PC to be anti-immigration as far as the media is concerned. As far as the politicians are concerened, both parties want the Hispanic vote and they will scarifice us to get that vote to stay in power. Power is corrupting and addicting.
  10. kingjoey

kingjoey New Member

I'll be putting in some time on the border soon. If someone on that side of the border so much as farts in my direction I'm gonna be pissed
  11. LIKTOSHOOT

Sniper, never heard another peep on this. The headline for the show ran all day, but when the show started absolutely nothing mentioned. It was never even mentioned if it was fake report or otherwise. Strange to say the least.

LTS
  12. 1952Sniper

1952Sniper New Member

Hopefully that means it turned out to be a false report and there was nothing to follow up on. When I finish my "tour on the line" I'll give a full report of what happened and what I heard from others about what's been going on there.

The local radio station in San Antonio was saying that the Minutemen are reporting that illegal crossings have dwindled to almost zero in the sectors they're watching. I would like to think that means people are not crossing as much while we're there, but in reality I'll bet they're just flooding through other areas. The coyotes down here have spies everywhere and are undoubtedly paying close attention to the situation to keep their "businesses" profitable in spite of our presence.

On the bright side, I'm getting excited about going. I'm getting all my gear packed and ready. I even "camo'ed out" my spotting scope and bought some night vision gear for doing night duty. :D

[​IMG]
  13. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

Just picked this up from another forum:

Well I did send an email to him concerning this. But I heard him talking to this guy down there (rancher) it was a live update from the site, which he runs daily. It is a main member and rancher living down there and I believe it to be the(one of) main base camp before they move out. It just seems strange that is was not reported as a hoax or otherwise, which is not par for this show or him either. We`ll see if I get an answer or not.

LTS