Minuteman Project - activities in October

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 1952Sniper, Aug 22, 2005.

1. 1952Sniper

1952Sniper New Member

Is anyone here volunteering for the Minuteman Project in October? We will be conducting border watch operations in California, Arizona, New Mexico, and Texas for the month of October. I am a Minuteman volunteer and will be going down to the Texas/Mexico border (which is not too far from where I live anyway) during October to assist in the "observe and report" border watch. I have several volunteers already who will be going with me.

Is anyone here already signed up to go? Would anyone be interested in organizing a group from TFF? This is one of the most important issues of our time, folks. While we're fighting two wars overseas to engage terrorism, we've left the back door open so that any would-be terrorist can waltz right in, unopposed. If you want to help stop the endless flood of illegal immigrants who come to this country and work tax-free, while sucking off our tax dollars, as well as help fight terrorism by defending our borders against entry by hostiles, I HIGHLY recommend volunteering.

As I said, I'm already organizing a group to head down there with me, and I think it would be great to see people here at TFF stepping up to the plate to take some personal responsibility for securing our borders as well. It is surely a worthy cause. Does anyone feel like organizing it?

---edit---
    You can find out more about the organization, their rules for volunteers, and their schedule at http://www.minutemanhq.com/hq/ . The process is easy. You have to fill out the application, pay $50 to cover administrative fees, undergo a background check, and undergo a short telephone interview. Then you're an official Minuteman. In the next few weeks, they will begin coordination and scheduling for the October activities. All volunteers will undergo some training before being deployed to their sector along the border. So if you're going to volunteer, you need to get involved now.
  2. 1952Sniper

1952Sniper New Member

Not a single reply? No one here is volunteering for the Minuteman Project?

Is it that no one cares about illegal immigration and protecting our country against terrorism, or is everyone just a couch potato who would rather that someone else do it for them? This is your chance to get involved and actively help solve the problem rather than sitting around and whining about it. Is no one here up to the challenge?
  3. Deputy Dawg

Deputy Dawg Active Member

I attended a meeting a month ago in Goliad Texas,I plan on being with that group in October.After reading the articles about the Arizona Ranches I decided to join.I think everone should take the time to read the two articles , they are a real eye opener. Only in America could this happen. Home land security WHAT A JOKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  4. SouthernMoss

SouthernMoss *Admin Tech Staff*

Sniper, I'm afraid volunteering is not an option for me. :( Is there any kind of support organization that is taking donations to help with expenses? I'd be willing to make a donation to help the cause.
  5. LIKTOSHOOT

LIKTOSHOOT Advanced Senior Member

I`m just gonna run the ones around here down south for you carring folks to help back across the border. Most drive so no walking will be required, just wave as they go by and tell them.....Thanks for stopping by!!!!

LTS
  6. 1952Sniper

1952Sniper New Member

SoMo, you can donate directly to the Minuteman organization on their website. If you click on the link I provided, there's a "donate" link at the top left with all the other links.
  7. SouthernMoss

SouthernMoss *Admin Tech Staff*

Thanks, Sniper. I'll take care of that today.
  8. pickenup

pickenup New Member

Some people for various reasons (time, financial, medical, etc.) can not just up and take off, for an extended period of time. Even though they would like to.

It’s not that they don’t care.
  9. 1952Sniper

1952Sniper New Member

How about even a weekend? Surely not everyone is tied up for every weekend in October.

I don't mean to insult anyone here; simply to challenge them into action. I learned long ago that most people who complain about problems are simply complainers. When offered a way to jump in and help solve the problem, they find all sorts of excuses not to do it. Especially if it takes any of their time or money. It's amazing how quickly one can sort the wheat from the chaff when it comes to real action.

I draw a direct parallel between this type of thing and defending gun owners' rights. As I've mentioned in the past, I truly believe (and sadly so) that 99% of gun owners will do nothing when their guns are taken away. Of all the blustery talk, only a select few will actually follow through. And so it is with this border issue. People all across the nation are complaining about it but only a select few are actually going to DO something about it. Sad.
  10. LIKTOSHOOT

LIKTOSHOOT Advanced Senior Member

Suggest you search MM here back in March,

LTS
  11. Deputy Dawg

Deputy Dawg Active Member

I would have to agree with you 100% when push comes to shove most people will do nothing. God help us all.I cannot spend the whole month,but i am going to volunteer as many days that i can.When it comes to standing up for our rights we all better stick together like GLUE.