1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Miroku Trap O/U

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by shotgun21, Dec 1, 2006.

1. shotgun21

shotgun21 New Member

I'm new to your forum, so forgive me if I'm not doing this correctly.

I have a Miroku O/U Trap gun that I bought at a Rod & Gun club while stationed in Stuttgart, Germany...in 1972. It was rarely used and is in immaculate condition. It has 30" barrels, full and improved modified. S/N 578478. There doesn't appear to be a model number anywhere on the gun, so that's all the info I can provide. I can post photos if that would help. It does have a beautifully finished stock, engraving and a gold trigger, extraordinary fit and finish.

I rarely shot trap, preferring skeet instead. This is fine gun and I hate to see it just going to waste and, since I don't anticipate ever shooting it again... I want to sell the gun and am wondering what I should ask.

Thanks for any help.

shotgun21
  2. norton m gross

norton m gross New Member

can you put some photos of it in this thread?
    and, what do you want for it?
  3. shotgun21

shotgun21 New Member

Mr. Gross...thanks for the interest. I've attached four photos...I think..?
    I expect go get $950 for it. The gun looks new, despite that fact that it's over 35 years old.

shotgun21

Sorry...just checked, my pics didn't get there....too big. I resend later...after my son comes home from school and shows me how to edit the pics.
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2006
  4. shotgun21

shotgun21 New Member

Mr. Gross, here are pics

Attached Files:

5. Nighthawk

Nighthawk New Member

good looking shotgun
  6. checked

checked New Member

Don't mean to hyjack this thread but was just wondering if this is the same maker that made shotguns for Weatherby. I have an olympian model by weatherby that looks almost the same as this one.
  7. shotgun21

shotgun21 New Member

Don't know about Weatherby, but I believe Miroku made Charles Daly and Winchester shotguns in the past.
  8. wonderwhippet

wonderwhippet Active Member

Very nice gun, but you should have bought a Merkel or a Sauer instead.