1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Mitch Landrieu wins in N O.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by cycloneman, Feb 6, 2010.

1. cycloneman

cycloneman Well-Known Member

I remember when I was a teen. We knew the chief of police in NO. His wife told me that NO would never have another white mayor. That was when Dutch Morial won the first time.

I can't say it is a great win for the city considering it's a Landrieu. I thought I would never see another white mayor there though.

I have a feeling that blacks will not do go in 2012. In fact I have been listening to sat radio this past week and I am hearing talk about it being hard for blacks in 2012.

Music to my ears.
  2. Jim K

Jim K New Member

Maybe I am a "liberal", but I wish we could get past the race issue in elections. Not only is it, IMHO, wrong, but it allows the left wing loonies to picture anyone who opposes their wacko programs to use the "racism" charge (as the President's people have done repeatedly). We have good conservatives who happen to be black, and a lot more than most folks think. White conservatives should not hesitate to support them.

Jim
  3. Suwannee Tim

Suwannee Tim New Member

I dislike dynasties. Kennedy, Bush, Gore, Landrieu, I can't think of one that I like.
  4. artabr

artabr New Member

One thought comes to mind. Oreo
    He can't be worst than C. Ray "chocolate city, how many empty school buses can you float" Nagan, but we'll see. :rolleyes:

Think about this: A new mayor, Mardi Gras, AND the Super Bowl in one weekend.
    Talk about a city that's going to need to be rung out come Ash Wednesday. :eek: :rolleyes: :D

Art
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2010
  5. bcj1755

bcj1755 New Member

Clinton?:eek::p:D

*scuttles away Dr. Zoidberg style* Woowoowoowoo:D:D
  6. navis128

navis128 New Member

Respectfully sir, Mr. Nagin was very racist and would pull that card everytime he thought it would benefit him...at least NO has a term limit. Either way...the town is still run by a dem, so the lefties are happy. Now let's see how well the "white" guy cleans up the city...what do you want to wager it ends up being not so much.?
  7. flannelman

flannelman New Member

Rural Arkansas. But isn't all of Arkansas rural?
    I'll support any candidate regardless of race as long as they are conservative and represent my beliefs.