Mk II Ruger, 1 of 1,000

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by lead, Dec 29, 2004.

1. lead

lead Active Member

My local shop has a stainless MKII that is engraved on top, 1 of 1,000. In the box is a letter telling the history of the gun and saying it is a limited run of the last one thousand MkII's. I'm tempted to invest in this as a collectible, although I have a hard time putting down $350 for a gun I couldn't shoot because it would hurt it's value. I also wonder what kind of desireability it will have, even to Ruger collectors. At least if it is limite to 1,000 it won't be like other Ruger collectibles and be made in tens of thousands. What do you guys think?
  2. Xracer

Xracer *TFF Admin Staff Mediator*

Well Lead, this is just my own personal opinion....but....I'm kinda leery about guns that are "made collectables", or "instant collectables" like all of those Winchester '94 "collectables".

I like those old guns that become collectables all on their own....because they have some historical value, or just because they've stood the test of time, or have become collectable because they were underappreciated in their own day, and are becoming rare in their original configuration.

But......hey, it's your money. If you're a big Ruger Mk. II fan, whatever turns you on! ;)
  3. lead

lead Active Member

Actually, I agree with you whole heartedly about "instant collectibles". I just hate to see a bargain slip through my fingers. I'm more a revolver man anyway. Of course, if I see these for sale in 5-10 years selling for 3 to 4 times the price it is now, I'm blaming you. :rolleyes:
  4. BlkHawk73

BlkHawk73 New Member

personally, I'd get it. That's not really a bad price. Also, given that there is only 1000 and they are the last of the MKII's made it'll likely be some investment to it. If nothing else, get it, keep it for a few yrs and re-sell it.