MN Passes New CCW Law

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by Xracer, Apr 29, 2003.

1. Xracer

Xracer *TFF Admin Staff Mediator*

Minn-eeee-sota (Ya, sure, you bet) has just a new "Shall Issue" CCW law.

Yesterday the State Senate passed it (it had previously passed in the House) 37-30, and the Governor signed it into law an hour later.

The Bill passed easier than expected with most of the Republicans and many rural Democrats voting for it....and urban Democrats voting against.

Previously, anybody wanting a CCW Permit was subject to the whims of the local Chief of Police, or Sheriff.

Now the law is uniform across the state and an applicant "shall be issued" unless disqualified by previous conviction of a felony or mental instability, etc.

Finally!
  2. bigboom338

bigboom338 New Member

hoo raa

Congats to our nieghbors to the east. Now all we need is for all of the states with concealed carry laws to get together on the recipricosity thing and we will all be in good shape.
  3. bigboom338

bigboom338 New Member

I wasn't done yet. Hit the wrong button and puff it's gone. Anyway I was gonna say that I hate crossing state lines and knowing that I could go to jail for my decision to carry a weapon with me. In the same breath there is no law that I would not break when it comes to the saftey of me or more importantly my family.
  4. 1952Sniper

1952Sniper New Member

I was reading my new issue of "America's First Freedom" last night, and saw an ad for a book that explains all the differences in law between states. It was being advertised as "the book" to get if you carry concealed and cross state lines. Can't remember the name of the book at the moment though.
  5. tuckerd1

tuckerd1 Well-Known Member

For those of you who have not been to packing.org, there is a lot of good info there. Congrats to Minisoda
  6. kaylan1

kaylan1 New Member

I like the way Texas does it. makes the person carrying be more responsible by knowing the laws related to carrying, and you have to attend a manditory safety class, pass a written test and qual. with the weapon you plan to carry. If your ever stopped by the police you give them your drivers lisense and gun permit.
    Crossing the state lines is a problem for the police too. some states don't allow out-of-state cops carry either.
  7. WyomingSwede

WyomingSwede Guest

I dont know about you all...but i'm gonna race "X_Racer" to be first in line to get one.

I am assuming once issued you can keep it forever. Cant forget about twin city hall.

swede
  8. Zigzag2

Zigzag2 Guest

That is good news ;)