1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Mod or not? Springfield Armory XD 40cal. Tactical Model

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by Revs77, Oct 31, 2012.

1. Revs77

Revs77 New Member

I've got a SA XD 40cal. I really like this pistol and am interested in modifying it to improve its overall performance. I'm not sure what all is available or if its even worth it. Considered also trading it for a XDM 5.25.... What to do guys!!
  2. Helix_FR

Helix_FR Active Member

Most common, trigger work, new sights, extended mag release (paddle type), mag wells. Besides the XDm 5.25 being a longer barrel and some extra safety integrated into it. There is nothing you can do to a 5.25 that your can't do to a XD
  3. Revs77

Revs77 New Member

ok cool! Thanks alot!
  4. HossFly

HossFly New Member

What Helix_FR said plus i don't care for the XDm :eek:
  5. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

If I were in the market for a poly pistol, it would be an xdm. As for modifying the xd, I wouldnt spend the cash, I would just trade it for the xdm. Do you shoot competition? Thats what the 5.25 was built for, not that it has to be used for that. Just curious. I just like the look and feel of the xdm that much better than the xd and they are very reliable firearms.
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2012
  6. Revs77

Revs77 New Member

No i don't shoot comp currently but have thought about it and have an interest but have no clue how to get started. Yeah I kinda thought trad it in. THanks guys!