Model 1853 Sharps

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by widebear, Dec 6, 2009.

1. widebear

widebear New Member

Just found this forum and I am trying to get some info on this Sharps. I was told there is a Dr Labowskie that owns the Sharps records and he could track just about any Sharps Rifle. Does anyone know about this Dr. Labowskie?? My Sharps is in bad shape but the drop block still works and the triggers work fine also. The big thing about this old gun is that it has engravings on the receiver, about 2" up the barrel. It has a deer on the left side of the receiver and the patch cover. I was told if it is a factory engraving it would be worth considerably more. Any info I could get to point me in the right direction would be very much appreciated.
  2. widebear

widebear New Member

I found Dr Labowskie with the Sharps records. Got all my info.