The Firearms Forum banner

Model 43 Winchester (.218 Bee) - terrible trigger!

4K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  soundguy 
#1 ·
From searching around, haven't found much about adjusting or working on the trigger on this thing, it's a beautiful rifle with good accuracy but the trigger is very hard. Crisp, but very hard. It's clean and haven't really taken it all the way apart yet, wanted to get some advice from anyone experienced with these triggers.

Made up some more reloads today, she shoots good but would really benefit from a better trigger pull for certain. My little .17 HMR marlin suffers the same problem although that's a $75 drop in fix apparently that I've yet to justify.

Anyway, if ya got any info, fire away!

AA

#2 ·
nothing that would help ya.. except to say to take a look at it. I have one and it's a literal fly killer. tack driver, etc. smooth crisp breakover trigger.

only thing i don't like is some new win silver box brass I introduced. some of them got neck splits on the first shot.

I have some old kleanbore rem brass with a few relaodings on them and hardle ever a split.

#3 · (Edited)
There is a couple of things to do.
First is the trigger spring adjustment screw. But do not loosen it up to much or it will not hold.
2nd is to look at the trigger where it hooks up to the bolt(where it holds back the pin) and see if you need to file it down smooth.
But again do not file (polish) too much or it will not hold.
A little at a time!!!!
Mike

#4 ·
thanks fellas! will giver her a gander and see what I can come up with. Appreciate the input.

And this thing does like to munch brass, have had 3 neck splits on first and second firings, yikes. Although that's 2/3 factory ammo, only one reload. I'm only neck sizing now too. All my brass is very old though, factory loads for the Bee are HOT! got a couple boxes of Rem factory ammo left and some Winchester superX brass.

Time to take her apart and maybe do some polishing!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.