model 59

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by eggysvt, Oct 27, 2008.

1. eggysvt

eggysvt New Member

i an looking for fiber optic sights for my model 59 s&w cant find them anywhere anyone know who makes them if any? thanks
  2. bassrocker4God04

bassrocker4God04 New Member

As far as I know the Model 59 has non adjustable, non-replaceable sights but I may be wrong. Mine looks like they can't be removed.
  3. Inthewind1976

Inthewind1976 Member

Ive never owned a 59, but am pretty familiar with em, and have fired a few. If I remember correctly; (its been a long time) the rear sight is dovetailed into the slide and the front sight is staked. Any quality gunsmith should be able to replace these sights with higher visibility sights, and I am pretty sure that the Novak system is available for the 59-series of Smith & Wessons. I would not be a bit surprised if there are other sights like the fiber optic type that are available for the 59 series that are possibly less expensive than Novak's.
  4. Snakedriver

Snakedriver New Member

My old S&W Model 59 has an adjustable rear sight that can probably be replaced with some aftermarket products, but the front ramp sight is part of the frame. That one will be tough to replace.

Attached Files: