Model 70 pre-war 7x57

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by natkinson, Dec 12, 2010.

1. natkinson

natkinson New Member

I have inherited a Winchester Model 70 7x57, serial number 39xxx, purchased by my grandfather from new in 1942 (I have the original sales receipt). The gun has been notched for a sight but otherwise in very good condition. I have been told by my uncle (a police officer and lifelong hunter) that it is a carbine but it is in secure storage so I'm not sure. I would like to insure it and if anyone can help with its realistic value, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
    Noel Atkinson
  2. 300 H&H

300 H&H Active Member

Noel,

The M70 you describe would be one of the rarest versions of the m70's, a carbine in a rare caliber. Without detailed pictures it is nearly impossible to evaluate it. Suffice it to say it is WORTH taking picuters of it, full length each side, and detail shots of any marring or damage. This rifle could be worth several thousands of dollars, on the far side of 5K if it is in nearly new condition. Hope you post some.

Regards, Kirk
  3. natkinson

natkinson New Member

Thanks Kirk - I will get some pictures taken and post them.

Noel