Model 94 Takedown Question

Discussion in 'Curio & Relics Forum' started by bc13, Apr 2, 2012.

1. bc13

bc13 New Member

Hello,

I have an early model (1909?) Winchester Model 94 Takedown in 32 Special with an Octagon Barrel. I took it apart tonight to give it a yearly cleaning and ran into a problem putting it back together. The receiver and barrel locked up perfectly. However, the Magazine Band (Barrel Band?) that slides down the magazine and is supposed to seat itsel inside a cutout on the bottom side of the Barrel (to marry the barrel and magazine)will not seat its self properly. It really appears as if the Band is about 1/64 of an inch too long to seat itself. I must admit I felt like an idiot not being able to have the band fit properly.

Have any of ou ran into this issue? Is there a trick getting the band to seat itself? I would greatly appreciate any advice.

Thanks,

BC
  2. 2bit

2bit New Member

3. muddober

muddober Active Member

I am trying to follow you and while I am very familar with a takedown 94 you are describing parts that I am not fully understanding. Can you post some pictures of what your mess looks like and I or someone else here will help you.

Ron
  4. Hammerslagger

Hammerslagger New Member

Post some pics.

If it was together correctly; then taken apart; then there has to be a way to reassemble it correctly.