Modifying 1853 Armi Sport 3 Band Enfield?

Discussion in 'Black Powder Shooting / Muzzleloaders / Handguns' started by Alfred, Apr 11, 2009.

1. Alfred

Alfred New Member

I have an Armi Sport 3 Band Enfield...

Fun gun to shoot (not so fun to clean!) but I noticed my accuracy is awful.

This is most likely 90% the shooter (if not more)...and I have been using some cheap .577 Minies that aren't helping.

I noticed some other black powder guns that had fiber optic sights on them.

Where would I look to investigate buying such sights for the rear (possibly adding a "middle" sight because it's a long barrel) and somehow the front sight?

If anyone knows of a company that would have something that fits an Armi then that would be appreciated.

This would also take some work by a good gunsmith and may not even be possible...

If anyone has any other thoughts, please let me know. Part of me thinks that I should just buy some better bullets and work on my form/trigger pull...

Hitting a large target at 100 yards has been very difficult and I would like to get more bullets on paper with this gun. Thank you.
  2. sewerman

sewerman New Member

maybe you should first get some good minies before messing with your sights.

i have the same rifle and can easliy hit a man size target at 100 yds though with 70grs the mark is alittle high.

there are a number of different minies available besides the traditional 575213 old style.

i suggest getting some good minies and adjusting your loads before blameing the sights. good luck

cheers

sewerman