Mods to my Colt .380 - with pics

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by Charles Christensen, Oct 8, 2012.

1. Charles Christensen

Charles Christensen New Member

Last year I bought a used Colt Government Mk IV series 80 .380 from someone I work with. It is a fabulous gun. It has a good feel and trigger pull and shoots every time I pulled the trigger on a round. Well, like everybody I just can't resist the urge to make it better.

To that end I have replaced the plastic trigger with an aluminum one from Brownell's and have just replaced the recoil, firing pin and hammer springs with a set from Wolff Gunsprings and, to top it off a full-length stainless steel guide rod from Bedair Machine Works. Enjoy the pictures.

Attached Files:

2. Charles Christensen

Charles Christensen New Member

Almost forgot, I bought some fancy wood slabs and I'm thinking of doing my own grips. Nothing fancy, no checkering or carving like Woodnut and others do, just something to improve looks and being able to say I did that.
  3. woolleyworm

woolleyworm Active Member

It's always an extra degree of satisfaction when you've done the work yourself and it turns out nice! Post up some range pics when you get it back out there.
  4. firefighter1635

firefighter1635 Well-Known Member

Nice little guns they are. While mine isn't a Colt, I have the Sig P238, it's a dream to shoot and really accurate for such a small gun.
  5. Archie

Archie Member

Nice looking little heater.

How does it shoot?