1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Mohawk Chief 12 gauge Shotgun

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by debbyjones, Nov 16, 2008.

1. debbyjones

debbyjones New Member

I have a Mohawk Chief 12 gauge shotgun that belonged to my husbands great grandfather. The family called it a "Longtom." It has Mohawk Gun Co on left side with the number 13965 below. On the top of the barrel it has MOHAWK CHIEF. My husbands father played with it as a child (b.1916) and said it was old then. Can you give me any history on this gun?
  2. b.goforth

b.goforth New Member

the only information i have on "mohawk" or "mohawk chief" is brand name seen on shotguns manufactured by 'cresent firearms co.' and sold by "blish, mize & shillman co. of atchinson, kansas. no era of manufacturer is given.
    bill