Molgora Model Revolver 199

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by CandaceJ, Feb 20, 2009.

1. CandaceJ

CandaceJ New Member

While going through my father's belongings after he passed away, I found a navy blue box with MMM Mondial, made in Italy listed on it. When I opened it, there was a small gun inside. There were instructions in four languages on how to operate the gun. At the top of the page, it says 'Molgora Modesto, Revolver Mod. 999 - 99X-199 - 1038'. The gun itself, there is the MMM - Mondial logo, MOD 199, Cal. 22. On the other side of the gun, there is a 'star inside a circle' and 'Made In Italy, Brevettata'. It shoots 6mm bullets. Can anyone tell me what kind of gun is this and what the value of it may be. :D
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2009
  2. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

Candace - First of all, allow me to welcome you to TFF. I did some searching and did not find much information on this pistol. What information I did find points to it being an Italian shooting gallery airgun. I'm not saying that is what it is, but that is the only information I can find about MMM Mondial Molgora Pistola. If this is so, it is probably only worth something to you, as a keepsake from your Father.
  3. RJay

RJay Well-Known Member

I believe, but I've been wrong before ( I know folks , that's hard to believe ) the you have a blank firing firearm firing either the 20 ro 22 caliber blank cartridge. I believe the 20 caliber ( 6MM ) was the European standard and very difficult to find in the US.
  4. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

If it's a blank gun, it should have a smoothbore barrel, and (maybe) an obstruction of some kind in the barrel, to prevent firing real ammo.
  5. CandaceJ

CandaceJ New Member

Thanks to you all answering the questions. It does have a smooth barrel and there is an obstruction at the end of the barrel inside it. So I am assuming that it is just basically a 'blank' gun. Can I buy the 6mm or Cal. 22 bullets anywhere. I could use it at volunteer events when they are doing the track races, etc.....
  6. RJay

RJay Well-Known Member

.22 blanks are common, if it takes the European smaller blanks you may have problems
  7. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

It says, "Cal .22", so it should take 22 blanks. Do a google on "starter gun blanks", and you'll get a long list. They run about 5 or 6 dollars a tin of 100.