Mom says Patriot Act stripped son of due process

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by islenos, May 6, 2009.

1. islenos

islenos New Member

"We have no rights under the Patriot Act to even defend them, because the Patriot Act basically supersedes the Constitution," she said. "It wasn't intended to drag your barely 16-year-old, 120-pound son out in the middle of the night on a charge that we can't even defend."

full story: http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/5049867

:mad:
  2. Haligan

Haligan Active Member

I emailed O'Reilly with the link to the story. He's been following the patriot act since it's inception. In the past he has challenged anyone to come forth with an example of abuse.
    I like O'Reilly, and I think he is a good egg. An egomaniac, but a good egg.
    I will be surprised if he doesn't touch on the story, mabe not tonight, Wed 5/6/09, but eventually.
    Mabe I'll even get a signed copy of his book out of the deal.
  3. Trouble 45-70

Trouble 45-70 New Member

It's a wonder this got out. I think the Patriot Act has provisions criminalizing the fact that you have been arrested. Mabey the Mom can do it. Watch to see if she gets into trouble.
  4. bcj1755

bcj1755 New Member

Did anyone notice this part....

""I was terrified," Lundeby's mother said. "There were guns, and I don't allow guns around my children. I don't believe in guns.""

Now, just because she doesn't believe in guns, her family does NOT derserve to have this happen to them. But in my experience, most people that "don't believe in guns" tend to believe the liberal theory that the police can protect you so you don't need to protect yourself and that you should trust the gov't. Well, THIS is an example of what happens when you trust the gov't.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
  5. islenos

islenos New Member

She may start to believe in the protection of one's family through the use of a firearm.
  6. jacksonco

jacksonco New Member

Sounds like an over reaction by the authorities. But I wonder how people wopuld feel if this young man had been of Arab decsent?
  7. satellite66

satellite66 New Member

Will the press pepper Obama with questions about this? It is on his watch?
  8. islenos

islenos New Member

Attached Files:

9. 4EvrLearning

4EvrLearning New Member

wow.....stunned here.......

jacksonco.... good question....I'm going to have to be honest with myself in answering that one.... The "easy" answer is, if the same search was done and nothing was found, he'd be as innocent as this boy is.
  10. jacksonco

jacksonco New Member

It is unfortunate but we do not know if this boy is innocent. I still believe that as an American Citizen he is due his day incourt and has the right to legal council. And unless it can be determined by a judge that this boy is a threat to national security or an imeadiate threat to others there is no justification for this boy to be sequestered.

As for the patriot act there is absolutely nothing patriotic about it. It may have it uses as a tool to monitor terrorist activities but I don't believe that it should be continued in an unlimited and unsupervised fashion. An American Citizen should not ever lose their Constitutional Rights. If this boy is being teated as his mother claims then something should be done about it. But we still do not know if this boy is innocent of the allegations put forth by the Feds.
  11. 4EvrLearning

4EvrLearning New Member

+1....well said
  12. primerib

primerib New Member

Must have been a serious threat or the law needs to be ammended.

If this is the truth, charges should get dropped.

Lundeby told the officers that someone had hacked into her son's IP address and was using it to make crank calls connected through the Internet, making it look like the calls had originated from her home when they did not.
  13. artabr

artabr New Member

I'd like to hear the LEO's side of this.
    While I agree that the holding of this kid is uncalled for, I'd be willing to bet that her little angel ain't the angel she claims. He wouldn't be the first goofy 16 year old to make false bomb threats.

Like I said, the kid should have been brought before a local Juvenile Court Judge for a hearing and then either released or held as warranted.

I can see the reason the FBI was involved. Interstate bomb threats.
    Midnight raid? How do the LEO's know that this is a 16 year old kid and not some nutted up potential Unabomber.

There had to be a reason that they zeroed in on his IP address.

Art
    Last edited: May 6, 2009
  14. 45nut

45nut New Member

Great line in the article:

"Never in my worst nightmare did I ever think that it would be my own government that I would have to protect my children from," Lundeby said. "This is the United States, and I feel like I live in a third world country now."

Well, what do you expect from goose stepping morons?? :eek: Storm the house of the white folks and the Arabs get their hands and asses kissed with Obozo in power. Don't upset the PEACEFUL muslims? Send them all packing and be done with it.
  15. Islandboy

Islandboy New Member

Justice delayed is justice denied.
    How long has he been held without charges being filed?
    This is one step away from citizens disappearing.
  16. Marlin T

Marlin T Active Member

That’s crazy. He was arrested March 5th?

Anybody can get a small program that changes your ISP #, so if that is all they have to go on this is seriously messed up.

Why the gag order? Doesn’t make any sense.

I hope they come out with an explanation soon!
  17. Millwright

Millwright Active Member

As I understand it, anyone's IPO can be "hijacked" without their knowledge.

Seems like a possible case of the government falling upon the "weakest suspect" in order to up their efficiency/conviction scores. IAC, why the suspension of normal constitutional protections to prosecute a lone sixteen year old ?

We're deep in the kimschee, folks !! >MW
  18. islenos

islenos New Member

My server was hacked, the server itself was not touched but the IP Address was stolen over a weekend. I was in a state of terror Monday morning until I realized my server was ok.
  19. Trouble 45-70

Trouble 45-70 New Member

Marlin T, Under the Patriot Act, the gag order is almost automatic. I believe there are even restrictions on discussions with your lawyer.
  20. Vladimir

Vladimir New Member

The mom is a nutcase, the authorities are saying the PATRIOT ACT has no role in the case.