Mondial - Pistola Lancia-Razzi

Discussion in 'Curio & Relics Forum' started by cointoss2, Mar 3, 2003.

1. cointoss2

cointoss2 Guest

Bob In St Louis
    Senior Chief Moderator Staff
    (8/18/01 9:00:17 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All Mondial - Pistola Lancia-Razzi
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    This evening my Mother-In-Law gave me something they found when cleaning out some of her mother's stuff. It is a Mondial Pistola Lancia-Razzi, Model 1900, cal. 6mm. (22 cal.) nickel plated, white bakelite grips. Came in original green box, with a pink-colored instruction paper inside in both Italian and English. This is a combination gas-flare-starter pistol. It uses a six-shot "Magazine" which is actually more of a flat feed strip that is inserted under the barrel. Sadly, the magazine is missing, and likely my Mother-In-Law or one of her siblings removed it when their mother was in failing health. Inside the box lid it says it uses cal 22 crimped blank "flobert" ballets (yes - spelled "ballets"), and there is a little round plastic tin with some crimped blanks, and some flat end rounds with a wax plug (gas?).

OK - any info on this thing?
    Crusty Cruffler of Fine Spanish Pistols - Eibar Rules!

Xracer
    (8/18/01 9:08:09 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Mondial - Pistola Lancia-Razzi
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Bob...when you use those "ballets" do you wear your pink tutu?

Spanish Cruffler
    (8/27/01 11:59:12 am)
    I guess this one is a real "gasser" (yuk, yuk) nobody has any info on them. I have come across references that "Mondial" was also a Spanish gun. This little sucker is Italian.

AntiqueDr?
    LTS?

Hello Ma, no one's talkin' to me here at camp - I wanna come home -----

AntiqueDr
    (8/27/01 1:30:44 pm)
    Bob, that one's past me. Never messed with those things too much.

We Buy Guns! 1 - 100, Antique or Modern!
    www.apaxenterprises.com

LIKTOSHOOT
    Senior Chief Moderator Staff
    (8/27/01 2:09:37 pm)
    Beyond me too. This would be a non-gun and not listed except in those rare...Flareguns & Gasguns books of which I have not. If it is tuley stamped " Mondial" it was probably shipped out as that name appears as an Eibar, Spain maker..." Gaspar Arrizaga. But this only shows two types and both are .25acp. I suspect this is probably one of those comic book teargas guns of the past, that you ordered with some X-Ray glasses. Regards LTS
    "am not" R2

Spanish Cruffler
    (8/27/01 2:40:02 pm)
    Thanks guys - I don't feel so bad now. (sniff, sniff). Guess I'll have to take the durn thing to a couple of gun shows and put it on the table and see what transpires.
  2. marco

marco New Member

have one of these. came from now deceased brother in law and of unknown origin. Complete in original box with instructions. Dont go to gun shows and am not a trader. I just stuck the gun in Google and pressed the button. Did you ever get rid of it? Anwser by e mail if possible.
  3. rhys

rhys New Member

Can I get a copy of the instructions from you?
    Have the same gun w/o instructions.

Rhys
  4. Polish Princess

Polish Princess New Member

I, too, have found one of these starter pistols in my mother's things. Not sure why she had it, except to maybe scare a burglar. Anyway, I have instructions on a pink paper, and all 5 cartridges in the magazine. Does no one know what this is or if it is worth anything? Still only one posting shows on Google. Thanks!
  5. AndrewUSA

AndrewUSA New Member

My brother found this type of gun in a creek near our home in Louisville. I didn't know if it was a real gun or not so I did some research and stumbled on this website. It is very hard to read and says "Made in Italy" on it and on the side it says "Mod 1960". It looks to be a .22 caliber. It will definitly never fire again wether it is a real gun or not. with being in the water, time has destroyed this gun. Nothing will move on it and I think I have done the best that I can to restore it just to be able to read something on it. O yea, it also says "Mondial" on the handle, thats how I knew to search for Mondial. I have been searching for "Model 1960" and "Mod 1960" and found nothiing.

So my real question is, is this a real gun or is it something that was a toy at one time? My worry is that this may be a real gun and why would someone throw it into the creek, I don't know if it was once used as a murder wepon and the police have been looking for it or what. Thanks
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2008
  6. redneckfabio

redneckfabio New Member

i have a mondial pistola too. I have the magazine slide but no other original packaging. I am looking for the ammo for it i can get the starter caps but i want the gas and flares for it any info will help.
  7. redneckfabio

redneckfabio New Member

it is a starter / teargas pistola if i were you i would try and get the slide out it removes from the rear of the gun
  8. AndrewUSA

AndrewUSA New Member

What do you mean the slide out? Is it worth something or what?
  9. redneckfabio

redneckfabio New Member

i do not know but if you can get it out it is a start at getting it clean use a long thin rod and push from the front of the gun as you pull the trigger if you can
  10. j_birkenmeier

j_birkenmeier New Member

i have the mondial 6 shot mod. 1900 cal. 22 with the original package and instructions but i dont know where to get the flobert cartridges or the flares ive been looking for info on this thing and i cant find anything but this page if anyone knows anything about these weapons or would like the info i have found please contact me at j_birkenmeier@yahoo.com
  11. Jbavousett

Jbavousett New Member

I have a model 1960 that my grandfather gave me. Simple little 6-shot starter pistol (revolver). All I know about it is that it uses crimped .22 blanks (gas is expelled through a hole in the top of the frame where the barrel starts) and the center rod unscrews to use as a push rod to get spent jackets out. The barrel is plugged.

On a side note, if anyone has a broken model, I really need the nut and bolt that hold the frame together at the rear sight. I'll get some pictures together and post them later.
  12. Polish Princess

Polish Princess New Member

I searched Google and found that you can still buy the blanks for these guns; just Google "flobert blank cartridges." It would be nice to find out if anyone collects these or if they are worth anything. May not be that old. I have a paper that tells about it, but no dates are apparent. Any ideas on how to find out?
  13. TheGunClinger

TheGunClinger Well-Known Member Supporting Member

My sister gave me one of those today. Looks to be in excellent cond and has the box but no instructions. Also it came with a little plastic container that has what they call CN tear gas charges. Also it has about 10 other bullets or whatever they call them. On the box it says..Pistola Lancia-Razzi
    Mod. 1900 cal. mm.6. It is a gas/flare starter pistol.Also says Mondial, made in Italy.Pretty cute little guy. I was screwing around with it found how to use the safty. I only shot off one round.:eek: I am still figuring out how it works. On the butt it has a little lever that extends downwards. Dont know what it does tho.
  14. NEHunter

NEHunter New Member

I have come across one of these in a completed box. They were sold by direct mail for a cost of$13.07. I am not sure what time period it was but you got a discount for each one you bought. It was distributed by United Safety Supply Co out of Kansas City, MO
  15. djuradj

djuradj New Member

hello people..
    i found Mondial Mon.1900 cal 6mm in my old stufs from period when i was kid..
    and i found just pistol
    if someone have instructions for the same pistol can he/she send to me
    djuradjvasic@gmail.com