1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Montgomery Ward & Company 12 Ga. Double Barrel

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by donbryan1970, Feb 2, 2007.

1. donbryan1970

donbryan1970 New Member

I've had this gun about 10 years and just recently pulled it out, cleaned it up and shot it for the first time and it kicks like a mule with the original hard plastic butt plate. I would really like to get some information on this gun. I know it might not be worth much but if I'm going to own it I need to know about it. I found some info on the gun if anyone can help. It was Pat'd Feb. 7, 1911. The serial number is 29158. Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Don
  2. Xracer

Xracer *TFF Admin Staff Mediator*

Hi Don..........welcome to TFF. :)

Well, of course, Monkey Ward didn't make guns, but had established gun makers make them with the M-W label.

Does it have a M-W catalog number or model number on it? From that we may be able to give you the manufacturer and their model equivalent.

So, please give us all of the writing on it, exactly as it appears.

Also, check the gun over and see if it has any proof marks.....check the water table when you break the gun open, or sometimes they're under the forestock.
  3. donbryan1970

donbryan1970 New Member

I looked for more numbers on it and these are all I could find. When you take off the barrels all it has is Pat'd Feb 7, 1911. on the other side it just has this number 29158. I can't find anything else on it. the gun looks pretty worn. If you can suggest any other place to look I will. it doesn't even have the Ga. on it anywhere.