More ACORN cutoff

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by dbrodin, Sep 22, 2009.

1. dbrodin

dbrodin New Member

I received an campaign email form the MN House Minority Leader that had an interesting tidbit in it.

Dale :D:D:D

BTW,

This guy is one of the leaders in a pack of 9 seeking the GOP endorsement for Governor.
  2. DBMJR1

DBMJR1 New Member

It gets better. Here in NOLA, they are being indited for Tax evasion. And they were getting federal funds to tell us how to do our taxes.:eek:
  3. artabr

artabr New Member

4. Suwannee Tim

Suwannee Tim New Member

One of Newt Gingrich and company's objectives was to "defund the Left" that is, cut them off from taxpayer money. It never happened. Leftist organizations get hundreds of millions, even a billion or more dollars a year from the US government, the states, counties and municipalities, unions, foundations and corporations. You have every right to do with as you see fit, your own money. You have no right to spend my money to further leftist causes. If we ever get control of our government and country back, cutting off partisan organizations from taxpayer money needs to have a high priority. It needs to get done, not just talked about. First we need some politicians with spines. That way when some leftist do-gooders scream about their favorite organization being cut off "You Republicans are heartless Nazis!" The response should be "Nazi, no, heartless, yes. You are still cut off."
  5. bcj1755

bcj1755 New Member

This won't amount to anything. The defunding measures were riders attached to bills. They'll be stripped out before the bills go up for final votes. The Democrats voted for the riders knowing full well that they'd be stripped out later. But it gives them an opportunity to say, "See, I voted in favor of defunding this corruption, but 'they' stipped it out of the final bill! Oh well, I tried. See, I have your best interests at heart. Reelect me!":rolleyes: And even if it does make it through Congress, does anybody think Barry will sign it into law before ACORN just changes their name and shifts all their nuts to another basket? They will drag their feet about this, giving ACORN time to move things around so even if "ACORN" gets shut down, the same people will still be getting gov't money to do the same thing but under a different name. It is a good effort on the part of some Congressmen, but in the end it's all a scam.
  6. henry77

henry77 New Member

Our Governor in Mississippi cut off funds to ACORN. Good republican.