More fodder

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by TimEllis, Jul 23, 2003.

1. TimEllis

TimEllis New Member

2. 1952Sniper

1952Sniper New Member

I'm going to play Devil's advocate here for a minute.

It seems that the shooter was specifically targeting this James Davis fellow. And after reading a little about him, I wonder what the shooter's motive was.

From the Fox News website:
    Ok, so he was beaten by some white officers years ago. And now he is a loud-mouth city councilman who, I assume, is also anti-gun. Those anti-urban-violence activists are almost ALWAYS anti-gun.

I wonder if the shooter finally had enough of Davis. I know there have been many instances where I've gotten really tired of hearing the same old anti-gun drivel and wished somebody would shut these people up. I'm not attempting in any way to justify what the shooter did, I'm just asking the question.

Incidentally, it seems that a plainclothes police officer is the one who shot the perp. IMHO this is another example where a concealed handgun licensee would have come in handy, if that cop hadn't been there.
  3. vonotterskull

vonotterskull New Member

If I read it right, it said that city council members haven't been going through the medal detectors regularly. Special people, special privilages? Maybe they should have followed the rules like everyone else HAS to.
  4. WAGCEVP

WAGCEVP New Member

a political rival of City Councilman James E. Davis opened fire in the chamber's balcony, killing Davis just minutes after the two had entered City Hall together, authorities said.

The two did not pass through a metal detector, which is not unusual for elected officials, apparently allowing Askew to slip his silver 40-caliber Smith & Wesson handgun into the council chamber undetected, along with an extra four bullets in his socks.

The state elected officials here do not have to pass through the metal detector to enter the capital building, maybe elected officials need to start passing thru the metal detectors like everyone else has too....
  5. Zigzag2

Zigzag2 Guest

It was reported that "everyone" will be going through the metal detectors from now on.

Imagine that :confused:
  6. 1952Sniper

1952Sniper New Member

Screw that.... I'd rather just give everyone a gun. :)

We do want to even the playing field, right?
  7. Marlin

Marlin *TFF Admin Staff Chief Counselor*

Next to California, super liberal NYC has more crazy enachronisms (sp?), legal and otherwise, than the midnight sky has stars.....