More guns inherited ruger super black hawk, bearcat

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by Juststartingout, Apr 10, 2012.

1. Juststartingout

Juststartingout New Member

Hi guys, I was looking thru some more guns that I inherited. The first one is a Ruger Super Black .44 mag, a Ruger black hawk .30 carbine and a Ruger .22 bearcat. The other is a sig p230 9mm. The .44 was made in 1979, .30 was made in 1980 and the bearcat was made in 1971. All in excellent condition. My dad always did he own reloads and most of them were "hot loads" he said. I dont know much about these guns other than he said that ruger made the toughest gun around for hot loads. Any pro's and con's on these? I have yet to fire these. Any info would help. Thanx!
  2. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

welcome to the forum are u a new shooter
  3. Juststartingout

Hi Beth! Yes I am. These were all my dads guns That I never got to shoot with him.
  4. 76Highboy

76Highboy Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I am a huge Ruger fan. I have many of them. I hope you will always keep those for three main reasons. One is they were your fathers. Two, like your father said (who was very smart indeed) Ruger makes the toughest guns around, so you wont wear them out and then you can pass them down to your kids, and then they can pass them down to their kids. And third, because their just great looking guns.

Welcome to the forum.
    Jim
  5. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

so u don't know how to clean them or anything?
  6. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

if i were u i would start a new thread "new shooter need help" everyone on here will gladly help u i have only been shooting for a couple of years and everything and i mean everything i learned was on this forum and don't be afraid to ask questions even if u think they are dumb they are not everyone has to start somewhere
  7. Juststartingout

Thanx Jim. I am never getting rid of these guns.
    Hi Beth, I do know how to clean all the guns. That was the only thing that me and my dad did. We would take them out about every other year just to re- oil them. Thats why all of them still look really good. He was really into shooting. Made his own ammo. Not sure why he never did this with me growing up, just with my sister, she is 11 yrs older. But, now that I have these guns this is my new hobby and want to get my sons in it. They are 9 and 6 yrs old. I also have some rifles and shot guns. will post pics later.
  8. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

Ok u know how to clean them but have never shot them and do not know anything about safety etc with a gun
  9. Juststartingout

No, I have never shot them before. But when I was cleaning them, safety was always practiced and always treat it as if it were loaded!
  10. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

do u have to have a permit or training where u live
  11. Juststartingout

There are a few places that offer training where my girlfriend and I will be taking in the next few weeks. Not sure what I would need a permit for. Would that be a permit to carry a fire arm?
  12. 76Highboy

Oh, pics of Rugers are A-OK with me.
  13. Juststartingout

I will get the pics up soon. Just a thought, what other calibers does Ruger offer? New or Old. I would like to get them all since I have three already. I just need to know what to look for if I were to come across any. I like the blued finish best of all. short and long barrells.
  14. 76Highboy

15. Juststartingout

Whooo Hooo!!! Any of these come with the natural wood grip? Would these still be the same quality as mine that were made in the '70's? Just want to be sure.
  16. 76Highboy

Absolutely. Ruger is a quality firearm. I always recommend an action job but past that they are great quality.
  17. Juststartingout

I really like the look and feel of the bear cat. I saw the .22/10, and really like that one. It does look alot bigger than the bear cat. But all three that I have feel good. Alot better than a ACP.
  18. Juststartingout

Here is the .44 and the .30 carbine. the bear cat wouldnt upload for some reason. DSC00048.jpg

DSC00045.jpg
  19. 76Highboy

Really I don't think you want those. I will gladly take them off your hands. It's no problem, really. What are friends for?
  20. Juststartingout

LOL!! These are never leaving my sight!!