The Firearms Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

More info and value of a Walther PPK-L .22LR

5K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  TRAP55 
#1 ·
Hi folks,
I recently inherited a Walther PPK-L chambered in a .22LR. What I know is that it was produced in 1967. Starting in the 1960s, the production date, designated by the last two digits of the year, was stamped on the part of the barrel exposed by the ejection port. It also has "Made in West Germany" (which is has stamped on the frame of the pistol right below the magazine release button. The "L" means it has a lighter aluminum alloy frame. The FFL that I shipped it to in town told me it was at 98% condition, and looking at the bore he said it had not been shot much. I have not seen too many of these listed on the web and am having a hard time determining it's value. There was one listed on a collectors site in similar condition (although with original paperwork and box) that was listed at around $2300, which seemed high. My questions for the experts are: approximate value, how many were produced, how "rare" it might be, and any other pertinent info. Unfortunately, I've decided to not keep it mostly because I travel a lot for work and don't have a safe, secure place to keep a little gem like this. I'm also more into hunting and personal protection, not collecting. Let me know if there is any other info that would be helpful. Thanks for your time.

#3 ·
The post war Dural .22 caliber PPK's are desirable, primary as shooters or using gun. They are a delight to shoot and very dependable little guns. My reference shows the serial number range for the LR PPK's goes from 501,199 thru 533,640 which would mean 33,441 made. I'll let someone else give the estimate value, but I'm wondering, now that Walther has again started marketing the PPK/s in .22 again, if that might not effect the market some what. As before, Walther themselves is not manufacturing the new gun, but farming it out to a another manufacture I believe a Austrian firm

#6 ·
I have a ppk/l 22lr ser. # 501366 with case, leather holster, papers. its also stamped on both sides behind the trigger next to serial number "VANDREY", and "HAMBURG" on the opposing side. There was mould in the case on the red velvet and it had made a few rust spots on the rear of the slide and on top of the clip. The previous owner drilled holes in the barrel and now I just want to replace the barrel so it will function as intended. Any tips on where I might find a barrel?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.