More of a "what is this?"

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by TheRooster, May 10, 2012.

1. TheRooster

TheRooster New Member

Hello all, I was just wondering what i have and if you know, what it may be worth. The only thing i know is its a slide for a 1911 made by Remington. As you can see the only marks are "Remington Rand INC Syracuse, N.Y. U.S.A." There is also a couple small markings on the rear of the slide above the hole where the firing pin would be and another in front of the rear sight. ANYTHING may be helpful because what i can find out will make the build easier. It will be the first 1911 build for me so any opinions on what I should do with it would be great too. Thanks, TheRooster.

Attached Files:

2. 3/2 STA SS

3/2 STA SS Active Member

GI Surplus .45 slide....maybe $200?
  3. TheRooster

TheRooster New Member

Any good spots to get a surplus build started ?
  4. Jim K

Jim K New Member

It is a Remington Rand slide, WWII vintage, but heavily polished and blued (the original finish was Parkerizing). It should do fine for a rebuild as it has almost zero collector interest, even as a replacement.

Jim